Sr. Python Engineer, NLP
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Python Engineer, NLP
Are you an expert Python software engineer with experience building high-performing software components, and a passion for languages, linguistics or NLP? Capital One is seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Natural Language Processing to build up Natural Language Generation (NLG) capabilities for our intelligent assistant, Eno.
As part of our core development team, you'll help create innovative technologies that drive human-chatbot engagement through fluid and natural dialogue. Working within an Agile framework, you'll iterate on new solutions and features for NLG, helping us deliver exciting new capabilities to Eno.
- Bring new components into production and ensure their stability
- Research autonomously and rapidly, and then apply findings to build up, optimize and upgrade NLG functionalities
- Work with a software developer team actively modifying common code base
- Critically think and bring suggestions to the table to better implement the desired functionality
- Self-start, dive into code and learn all the ins-and-outs of the project
- Do peer reviews of your teammates code, paying specific attention to performance and consistency while also adhering to the best "pythonic" ways of writing code
- Bachelor's degree in Natural Language Processing, Computational Linguistics, Computer Science or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering
- At least 5 years of experience with Python
- At least 2 years of experience in the design of natural language processing software components and systems
- At least 1 year of experience with GitHub
- Master's Degree
- Track record of delivering high-quality results and meeting strict deadlines
- Experience with Natural Language Generation technology
- Experience with language structures and language theories
- Experience with building parsers
- Experience in researching and implementing state-of-the-art techniques for dialogue system components
- Experience designing and developing modular software architectures
- Experience with concurrent programming, multithreading and multiprocessing
- Experience with successful integration of new components into complex systems
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top