Sr. Product Owner Card Core Platforms
- Richmond, VA
West Creek 7 (12077), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr. Product Owner Card Core Platforms
Do you get excited about building the modernized core technology that powers customer experiences that are simple, beautiful and effective? Do you want to apply your skills to help drive massive customer experience and economic transformation across Capital One's Card Business? Does the idea of streaming data, delivering critical information to customers in real time, pique your interest?
The Core platform is the central nervous system of the entire Capital One Card ecosystem touching nearly every aspect of the Credit Card lifecycle. The Core platform supports and plays an essential role in creating and delivering an industry leading customer experience for the nearly 90M active credit card customers within Capital One's portfolio today.
As a Product Owner you will work with architects, data scientists, service designers, process engineers and developers to translate human insights, dependent platform, app, segment needs, downstream user feedback, and technology capabilities into scalable, resilient, and efficient consumer-centric services. You will develop end-to-end solutions to help us better serve Card customers.
General areas of responsibilities:
- Partner with world class software engineers to design, deliver, and sustain a new API pattern and functionalities within the Core platform to modernize the publication of essential Core data and reimagine how data is produced for the enterprise
- Identify and enhance real time data delivery opportunities for the millions of customer and transaction update activities that occur daily within the Core API infrastructure
- Lead an aggressive agenda to modernize some of the largest and most critical APIs within the entire Card enterprise while building net new components in support of Core platform's future destination
- Massively improve API resilience and performance while continuing to proactively improve the cyber posture of the expansive API inventory
- Modernized our data distribution strategy by publishing highly reliable, real time data that is delivered in an ironclad fashion
- Identify and improve 3rd party Supplier data delivery routines while integrating into the long term data delivery strategy
- Partner with adjacent Core Product and Engineering leads to build a new streaming platform b/w the Core platform and it's 3rd party supplier
- Create a modernized API infrastructure that will yield Millions in operational savings while creating a platform to enable new revenue vectors for the enterprise
- You will be involved in shaping and contributing to the overall Card customer experience and enablement of Capital One's platform ecosystem by seeking and applying insights from dependent platforms, apps, and segments - moving from concepts to prototypes and prototypes to scalable solutions.
- You will develop hypotheses, build MVPs, and run pilots determining product, feature, and capability fit and value.
- You will be a part of overall thought leadership around platform development at the intersection of data+design+tech = for the sake of creating meaningful, measurable business and customer value.
- You will collaborate with an extended team beyond the card platform organization
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in digital product management
- MBA or Master's Degree
- 3+ years of experience translating business strategy into digital products
- 3+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top