Sr. Product Manager - Commercial Bank
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Product Manager - Commercial Bank
We're looking for an experienced product manager to guide cross-functional teams through a series of experiments and validated learnings to build new digital capabilities for our Commercial bank.
Want to launch innovative B2B digital & data products? Looking to lead an integrated team using leading-edge technology, human-centered design thinking and agile methods? Can you apply creative problem-solving skills to solve complex business challenges?
If so, you may be the next Product Manager to drive the digital agenda for Capital One Commercial Banking.
Capital One's Digital Commercial Banking team is defining the roadmap for the bank's overall digital strategy, designing new early stage products and services, and accelerating delivery through innovative methods and technologies. We are a high-tech company and an innovation laboratory within the only founder-led top 10 bank in the U.S.
Product Managers play a critical role in achieving our strategy. They lead teams of designers, engineers, data scientists and analysts to define product strategy and develop, launch, and enhance products and services that drive our business forward.
We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration. We're looking for equally passionate, energetic, multi-disciplinary Product Managers. People who are as comfortable with a sharpie as a spreadsheet. People who focus on outcomes, not just output.
We are selectively recruiting for a Digital Product Manager to develop and launch products that will reinvent how we provide best in class 'life-of-product' experience for potential Commercial Bank clients and our marketing leadership team and associates.
What will you do?
- Partner with marketing business leaders and users to support identification of opportunities for new digital capabilities.
- Develop new, compelling products that transform our client and associate's work
- Lead a project team (research, prototype, test, and build)
- Work in a hands-on, collaborative environment with top designers, engineers, data scientists, and analysts to build breakthrough experiences and products that solve our users' most critical needs
- Define project communication, governance and collaboration routines that ensure we are maximizing validated learning and impact
- Manage project assignments and set up new cross-functional teams
- Apply cutting edge technology like automation, machine learning and artificial intelligence and predictive analytics to reimagine the way Capital One manages risk
- Apply your knowledge of marketing automation to identify solutions for and deliver on the goals of our marketing team.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- Strong understanding of Marketing Automation, Commercial Banking or a B2B vertical industry, such as commercial real estate, healthcare or energy.
- Previous experience working with Salesforce.
- A bias to action and a demonstrated record inventing and launching successful products
- Project leadership and management experience in an Agile environment
- Knowledge and passion for emerging technologies and how they are used to empower developers and businesses to deliver great products.
- Grounding in human-centered design with a natural empathy for users
- Deep experience in delivering products using Lean UX
- Strategic thinking and an ability to effectively identify opportunities for growth in new businesses and markets
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
- Structured communication & storytelling skills with all audiences
- Significant experience applying analytical rigor to support technology decisions
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of agile digital product management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or Computer science
- 4+ years translating business strategy and data analysis into digital products
- 5+ years of experience leading agile teams to launch B2B or consumer web and mobile products
- 5+ years of experience in commercial banking or other financial services
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top