Sr. Process Manager
West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Process Manager
Monitor, report and plan process improvement or redesign initiatives, and make recommendations on changes. Collect and analyze data for supporting recommendations and manage formal process documents. Collaborate on project teams and broader enterprise initiatives to represent business for changes that may impact department processes.
- Day to day oversight of multiple processes: monitor, report, and plan process improvement or redesign initiatives; define, establish, and manage process controls; identify process improvement opportunities and implement them through collaboration with other groups such as the Risk office, BRO and management; make final recommendations for approval on changes.
- Collect, analyze and measure process data, to initiate sustainable business practices and procedures and for reporting to senior leadership and executives; review data for trends and gaps in the process that may require additional review.
- Resolve complex problems or transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes; escalate breakdowns in the process by asking the right questions and identify/ involve the right stakeholders to correct breakdowns.
- Maintain formal process documents (e.g. procedures and diagrams), and document processes and projects (creating project reports, presentations, business cases, and diagrams)
- Collaborate on larger initiatives, including representing department on broader change control forums for input and to represent department interests; may challenge forum decisions if project outcome impacts department processes. May participate in cross-functional project teams, including projects driven by other parts of the organization, to provide input, liaise with training, and partner with groups on execution efforts.
- Coach and train junior PM levels on processes, performance targets and goals
- Provide customer service and training to internal customers on specific processes they manage; may deliver presentations, including up to the executive level.
- May direct the work of associates, including performance management, hire and fire responsibilities
- May perform process or parts of the process as needed
- High School Diploma, GED or Military experience
- Proficient in MS Office
- At least two years of experience in Business Process Management or Project Management or Relationship Management or Risk Management
- Bachelor's Degree
- Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, Business Process Management, or Project Management certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top