Sr. Process Manager
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Process Manager
Senior Associate, Process Management
As a member of the Well Managed team within Capital One's Retail and Direct Technology organization, you will apply your analytical, risk management, and process management skills to support Risk and Compliance Management Strategy. You will work with smart and passionate people to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company's technology platform. You will take on important and exciting responsibility from day one, working with key stakeholders across the company. You will also be challenged to excel alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements.
- Promote strategic vision and execute tactical operations to implement overarching risk assessment and risk management programs
- Manage end to end risk management - from defining policies and procedures, performing assessments, tracking remediation activities, to closing risk findings
- Partner with Cyber and Tech Risk Management for proactive risk identification, assessment & monitoring
- Interact with business counterparts and other IT colleagues to ensure appropriate coverage of shared controls and/or shared processes
- Proactively engage team members and project leads to ensure system changes or enhancements consider Audit controls and IT standards before implementation
- Review and verify governance documents and procedures for accuracy and effectiveness
- Create and disseminate reporting and metrics related to the risk environment to key stakeholders
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrating respect for others
- Point of contact for compliance and audit engagements
- Prepare for, coordinate, and respond to internal and external audits
- Identify opportunities and work with business stakeholders and partners to embed risk management practices into the daily operations and business processes across the organization
- Use analytical skills to conduct Risk Process Assessment and Improvement, Data Process Design & Process Excellence
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Process Management
- At least 2 years of Audit, Operational Risk Management, or Compliance experience
- 5+ years of experience in Process Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top