Sr. Process Manager
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Process Manager
The Delivery Transformation Process team is seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate to drive process transformation and analysis to continuously improve the efficiency, flow of software delivery processes, and to support adoption of best-in-class engineering principles and behaviors.
You will lead process analysis resulting in process improvement and or automation and will also manage execution of several processes key to software deployments at Capital One. In this position you will contribute immediately while strengthening your policy/process engineering, coaching and analytical skills.
- Driving process changes for incremental improvement as well as strategic transformation to the destination process
- Partner with teams across TECH Organization to help support Solutions Delivery & Release Engineering processes and controls. Supporting and responding to various regulatory and audit requests
- Ensuring all processes meet process management standards,
- Developing and implementing comprehensive KPI's, that show progress to overall organizational goals
- Establish and manage a consolidated portfolio of improvement efforts and backlog
- Identifying root causes of risk issues and events to drive process improvements mitigating these risks
- Analyze data analysis requests obtained from management to conceptualize and define operational problems and define data modeling requirements, validation of content, and problem-solving parameters
- Utilize analytical tools including Postgres SQL, Tableau (prior experience a plus, but training available for candidates that demonstrate an analytical mindset or prior experience) to build reports that enable analytical insights
- Able to learn and grasp concepts supporting software engineering practices (e.g. automated testing, Jenkins build, ATDD, CICD, AWS)
- Continually learn new skills that will help define future strategies for gaining deeper insights into Software Deliver Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in Business Process Management, Project Management, Relationship Management, or Risk Management
- At least 1 year of experience in MS Office
- 2 years of experience in Lean, Agile, Six Sigma or Business Process Management
- 1 year of experience with Postgres SQL or Tableau
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Data Science
Zoe leads a team of data scientists and engineers who collaborate with product designers to develop dynamic data pipelines and machine learning algorithms for customer-facing platform functions.
Back to top