Sr. Network Management Systems Tools Analyst
Atrium (35004), United States of America, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Network Management Systems Tools Analyst
We're Capital One.
We started Capital One with a simple principle – attract great talent and give them the opportunity to be great.
Founded in 1988, we harnessed the power of big data to create customized products that disrupted the credit card industry. Our associates have used our information-based strategy to build a great company, bringing breakthrough banking products and services to consumers, small businesses, and commercial clients.
From humble beginnings, we've quickly become an industry leader. Today we're the nation's leading digital bank with more than 65-million customers and 40,000 associates worldwide.
We're Capital One Technology.
Technology is central to Capital One's goal. Our engineers are creating solutions that are driving the future of banking.
At Capital One, you won't be some IT person fixing things. You'll be at a technology company building things. You'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious. We want you to ask "what if?"
We may look like a bank, but we think like a tech company. A different kind of tech company. A tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products. A tech company that engineers breakthrough customer experiences, bringing simplicity and humanity to banking. A tech company that's making a difference for 65 million customers. A tech company that's changing banking for good.
Are you a network tools guru? Do you like to solve problems? Are you super detail oriented? If so, Capital One is looking for you!
We are seeking candidates with strong technical and organizational skills to work as a SME in a network tools role. Key responsibilities will include working with management to remediate process/tooling gaps and ensuring quality by creating and running compliance reports. Some onboarding/updating of network devices in the current tools will be required as we build automation for the future.
Candidates should have a basic understanding of networking concepts and in-depth experience with administrating network management tools. Experience with scripting languages is required. Recent exposure to Agile/Kanban methodologies, Cloud Technologies, and SDN/SD-WAN is desired.
The candidate will be part of a team performing functions consisting of:
- Working with network operations leadership to remediate process gaps and ensure full estate monitoring.
- Helping to build scripts which speed up current processes.
- Creating reporting for standards compliance and coordinating remediation as needed.
- Hands-on day-to-day support of the data network by processing MACD (Move, Add, Change, Delete) requests to tools.
- Participation on an Agile/Kanban team to intake, process, and document requests.
- Creation and maintenance of site maps and documentation.
- Coordinating changes with the network engineering and implementation teams.
- Collaborating with the network tool architects on the requirements, enhancements, and configurations for new tools, platforms, and versions.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Experience with data networks in either a network operations or network engineering role.
- Programming or scripting experience related to networking, such as Python, Ansible, TLC, Expect, or C++/C#.
- Working knowledge of SDN and SD-WAN technologies.
- Training or certifications in cloud solutions such as Amazon Web, Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Experience of working in a large geographically disbursed network environment.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team that is geographically dispersed, as well as work independently as required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required, as well as strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to adequately discuss technical issues with technicians, engineers, and vendors.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively work with people in your immediate team and with departments in or outside of the enterprise, as well as independently working as required.
- Customer service focused.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with fault, configuration, accounting, performance, and security network tools such as Cisco ACS/RADIUS, HP Network Automation, HP NNMi/Openview, NetBrain, MRTG/eHealth, Syslog-NG/Splunk, Solarwinds, or similar tools.
- At least 4 years of experience with data networks in a network operations role or 4 years of experience with data networks in a network engineering role.
- At least 2 years of programming experience or 2 years scripting experience in networking
- Bachelor's Degree with major or minor in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related field, or military experience.
- 5 years of experience with network tools.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top