Sr. Network Application Profiling and Modeling Analyst
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Network Application Profiling and Modeling Analyst
Seeking candidates with strong technical and organizational skills to work in a network profiling and capacity planning team. Responsibilities will include working with development teams to analyze application performance across domestic and global networks, building network models to predict application performance, and reporting and making recommendations on network capacity projects.
Candidates should have a strong understanding of core networking technologies (LAN, WAN, routing, etc.) and in-depth experience with analysis, modeling, and packet capture tools. Some experience with HTML/web based programming is a plus. Candidates should be ready to interface with multiple teams from business areas, network engineering teams, and management. Recent exposure to Agile/Kanban methodologies, Cloud Technologies, and SDN/SD-WAN is desired.
The candidate will be part of a team performing functions consisting of:
- Working with Application Development teams to analyze application performance across a network, domestic or global.
- Perform modeling to estimate application response times for various situations.
- Participate in network application testing.
- Use standard toolsets and processes to determine and publish application grading for network suitability.
- Assist application teams in identifying areas for improved performance.
- Simulate impacts to network traffic, analyzing results, identifying performance issues and recommending improvements.
- Analyze network traffic quality of service and bandwidth optimization efforts to ensure performance.
- Model plans for application or network configuration upgrades, additions, or revisions.
- Provide 4th level analysis troubleshooting support for network and application problems.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience of working in a large geographically disbursed network environment.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team that is geographically dispersed, as well as work independently as required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required as well as strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to adequately discuss technical issues with technicians, engineers, and vendors.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively work with people in your immediate team and with departments in or outside of the enterprise, as well work independently as required.
- Customer service focused.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Aptitude to assemble and clearly present technical information to non-technical people.
- Working knowledge of SDN and SD-WAN technologies.
- Training or certifications in cloud solutions such as Amazon Web, Azure, and Google Cloud.
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience.
- At least 2 years performing network performance modeling and benchmarking.
- At least 6 years of experience in network communications field with demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting network LAN and WAN infrastructures.
- At least 4 years of experience in troubleshooting Cisco router and switch hardware platforms, TCP/IP, and industry standard routing protocols.
- At least 4 years of experience with packet capture and analysis products such as Wireshark, Riverbed/OpNET, Dynatrace/Compuware, and Netscout/Sniffer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related field, or military experience
- 1 year of experience in utilizing industry standard network management tools (MRTG/eHealth, Openview NNM, and Splunk)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top