Sr. Mobile Engineer, iOS
114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Mobile Engineer, iOS
We are always looking for world-class engineering leaders who take a hands-on approach, e.g.,
- who plan/build/ship/run app features and services themselves,
- who participate in meaningful code reviews and approval of PRs,
- who earn the respect of their colleagues and are passionate about mentoring, guiding, and developing world-class engineers and teams,
- and who foster a culture of continuous improvement, effective collaboration, and velocity.
Does this sound like you? Are you excited to build software that matters to millions of people and improves their daily lives? We make banking fit the way people live (not the other way around). We build software and systems to deliver simple, useful, and delightful experiences that improve people's everyday financial lives.
Capital One is currently reimagining the way people manage money together -- how human relationships create unique opportunities for innovation in financial services. By focusing on specific customer segments, we can build solutions that fit effortlessly into people's daily lives and make a lasting impact. Think parents, kids, extended families, and friends -- and then consider the many ways money weaves in and out of those relationships. It is this intersection of people, relationships, and money that we see significant opportunity to build great software.
If this is exciting to you, we'd love to chat and explore how you can help us lead mobile and full-stack software engineering at Capital One.
- Work with product owners and Agile teams to understand, design, develop, and implement new features using engineering best practices, design guidelines, and principles.
- Analyze and optimize code for efficiency and performance.
- Advocate test-driven development and deliver high quality solutions.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends.
- Experiment with and learn new technologies.
- Participate in internal & external technology communities and mentor others.
- Encourage innovation, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- Bachelors degree or military experience
- At least 3 years experience in software development
- At least 3 years of mobile development for native iOS applications
- Masters degree in Computer Science
- 1+ years of experience with Swift
- 3+ years of experience with Objective-C and iOS frameworks
- 2 or more shipped iOS apps
This is a senior-level position located in New York City, NY. It is permanent and full-time, beginning as soon as we find the right person.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top