Sr. Mobile Engineer, Android
Plano 7 (31067), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Mobile Engineer, Android
We are always looking for world-class engineering leaders who take a hands-on approach, e.g.,
- who plan/build/ship/run app features and services themselves,
- who participate in meaningful code reviews and approval of PRs,
- who earn the respect of their colleagues and are passionate about mentoring, guiding, and developing world-class engineers and teams,
- and who foster a culture of continuous improvement, effective collaboration, and velocity.
Does this sound like you? Are you excited to build software that matters to millions of people and improves their daily lives? We make banking fit the way people live (not the other way around). We build software and systems to deliver simple, useful, and delightful experiences that improve people's everyday financial lives.
Capital One is currently reimagining the way people manage money together -- how human relationships create unique opportunities for innovation in financial services. By focusing on specific customer segments, we can build solutions that fit effortlessly into people's daily lives and make a lasting impact. Think parents, kids, extended families, and friends -- and then consider the many ways money weaves in and out of those relationships. It is this intersection of people, relationships, and money that we see significant opportunity to build great software.
If this is exciting to you, we'd love to chat and explore how you can help us lead mobile and full-stack software engineering at Capital One.
- Work with product owners and Agile teams to understand, design, develop, and implement new features using engineering best practices, design guidelines, and principles.
- Analyze and optimize code for efficiency and performance.
- Advocate test-driven development and deliver high quality solutions.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends.
- Experiment with and learn new technologies.
- Participate in internal & external technology communities and mentor others.
- Encourage innovation, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- At least 3 years experience in software development
- At least 3 years of mobile development for native Android applications
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Bachelors Degree in Software Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with Java and Android frameworks
- 2+ or more shipped Android apps
- Experience with Kotlin is a plus
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top