Sr Mgr, Database Administrator
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr Mgr, Database Administrator
Sr. Manager Responsible for physical databases on specific database technologies; designs and implements back-up, recovery, archiving and conversion strategies. Performs required database administration activities including installation, configuration, and tuning. Mentors junior level DBAs, creates and maintains standards for DBA activities. Ensures adequate database capacity.
- Manages and maintains data in all production and non-production databases and replication servers.
- Manages database distribution, security and access requirements. Designs and develops logical and physical layers of various databases. Handles testing, reporting, back-up and restores.
- Provides technical assistance and mentoring to staff for developing conceptual and logical database design and the physical database.
- Utilizes logical model to ensure efficient and reliable database performance. Tunes and performs maintenance and other routine tasks related to databases.
- Acts as a liaison to Development, Architecture, Risk and Audit.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Previous database administration experience with multiple database platforms
- At least 5 years of experience in Production and Development DB Administration
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Database Certifications (Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, DB2)
- 10 + years of experience in Previous database administration experience with multiple database platforms
- 10 + years of experience in Production and Development DB Administration
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top