Sr. Manager, Walmart Retail Field Operations
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Walmart Retail Field Operations
Are you hungry to be at the forefront of innovation, to help define and create a never-been-done-before experience that will benefit hundreds of millions of Americans?
Capital One is partnering with Walmart, the largest company in the US by revenue, to revolutionize the future of retail for Americans. Capital One is on a journey to change banking for good. Walmart is on a journey to save people money so that they can live better. Together, we're teaming up to leverage our combined scale, data, and brands, to redefine the payments experience and deliver great credit products and valuable rewards to millions of Americans.
With Walmart's size and scale and Capital One's tech horsepower and underwriting capabilities, we'll create a revolutionary omni-channel shopping experience and payments platform that will shape the future of commerce. We need innovative, adaptive, go-getters to propel us forward on this journey.
Capital One is seeking a talented Senior Manager, Client Development to join the Walmart Partnership team in McLean, Chicago or Richmond VA. You'll team with world-class professionals to develop and bring to market strategies that drive profitable and sustainable program growth. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibilities, promotes continuous learning and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing deep relationships with the partner and their decision makers
- Manage customer experience and product performance across channels and segments, supporting initiatives to drive optimal product strategy
- Oversee and maintain adherence to contract, risk, regulatory and compliance requirements
- Drive and develop business cases for desired initiatives, including influencing both internally and externally
- Evolving Agile tools and techniques in the execution pod emerging from best practices across the department and the enterprise.
- Collaboration with internal teams including Credit, Marketing, Finance, Ops, Legal and analyst teams.
The desired experience and skill set for the ideal candidate include:
- Strategic: the candidate will have a proven track record of making holistic assessments of our current state, defining an end state vision, and the audacity to articulate the path to get there. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong orientation towards continuous improvement, given the complexity of our execution environment.
- Business and Credit Acumen: Demonstrated experience with credit card program P&L's and functional knowledge of credit risk
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong judgment, leadership and integrity: the candidate should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a responsible approach to business while in a leadership position guiding execution resources.
- Clear results orientation: focused on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment while overseeing multiple projects and programs concurrently.
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of sales experience
- 3 years of outside customer sales experience as an individual contributor, driving new acquisition and managing a client portfolio
- 1 year of experience working with a retailer
- 1 year of experience in the financial industry
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top