Sr. Manager, Technical Product Owner
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Technical Product Owner
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today, we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great experiences for our customers.
Capital One has established an aggressive program to rethink how our core financial products will be managed in the future. Building for mobile-savvy customers in the public cloud is a dramatically different environment than the brick-and-mortar, mailed statement world our mainframe applications were built to support. The Technical Product Manager will be an active member of our team that’s building modern, core financial products.
In this role, you will be helping to define the systems that will support Capital One’s entire product line. You will interact with engineers to figure out the best architectures and designs to support today’s requirements and be well prepared for tomorrow’s.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- Blend of strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytic reasoning, a knowledge of technology, and a passion for businessEntrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts
- Exposure to large-scale computer systems
- Passion for identifying and solving real consumer and business problems
- Creative, outside-the-box thinking and problem solving approach
- A bias to action and a proven track record of delivering real-world solutions
- Knowledge of emerging and leading technologies across disciplines and ability to empower developers and deliver great products
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to use data and logic to make compelling business cases
- Attention to detail. You will need to learn and understand some of the more complex aspects of our products – like how interest is calculated down to penny
- Facilitate the construction of new features and capabilities, building on services that exist deep inside our existing systems, but that need to be exposed in a modern, flexible manner
- Maintain close ties to developers across the company, ensuring the services we create meet their needs as products evolve
- A great communicator (and can prove it) both written and in person
- Strong vocabulary in business and technical areas
- Your bias is towards learning in market. You know what you want to learn, and you are bold enough to use failures.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of Product Management or at least 2 years of product design experience
- At least 4 years of experience in the financial services industry
- At least 4 years of experience with agile methodologies
- Degree in Computer Science from a top-tier university, or equivalent
- 4 years of experience managing products or working with technical teams throughout the product lifecycle
- Knowledge of modern enterprise systems and their design
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Digital Product Marketing
Mazen is transforming the financial industry, one groundbreaking product at a time. By applying imaginative marketing techniques, Mazen shines the spotlight on Capital One’s most impactful financial technologies.
Back to top