Sr. Manager, Supply Chain
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Supply Chain
Capital One is seeking a Senior Manager, Category Management - US Card Digital Acquisitions
Enterprise Supplier Management (ESM) provides a sustainable, competitive advantage to Capital One by:
- Effectively and efficiently matching internal needs with external capabilities
- Capitalizing on our consolidated purchasing power
- Maximizing shareholder value/return
- Appropriately managing supply chain risk
- Our job is to bring procurement resources, tools, methodologies, and judgment to business units to maximize business results. This involves managing spend categories and industry-leading suppliers for our Credit Card organization, in an effort to ensure that Capital One captures appropriate value for the company and meets acceptable corporate risk-profiles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Located in Richmond or McLean, VA, the Senior Manager, Category Management, will support the US Card Digital Acquisitions team which performs digital marketing and data analysis functions. This role is responsible for the holistic relationship between Capital One and strategic third parties ensuring that Capital One can attain its business goals. The Category Manager will lead a team of Third Party Managers that will execute strategies and supplier management activities for various suppliers.
- At Capital One, Category Managers work in a collaborative environment with senior leaders and other internal stakeholders (e.g. Legal, Compliance, Risk). Excellent influencing, analytical, communication and presentation skills are a must. Specific duties of the role include:
- Coach and develop Third Party Managers
- Accountable for and lead a team of associates to monitor performance of suppliers on a regular basis, developing action plans where necessary and following through to ensure desired outcomes occur
- Build strong relationships with senior leaders, both internally and with suppliers
- Create multi-year supplier strategies that help internal stakeholders maximize their business outcomes
- Deliver year-over-year cost savings while maintaining optimal service levels. May at times lead RFXs (RFQs, RFIs and RFPs)
- Adapt to changing customer requirements and needs of internal risk management programs
- Maintain constant awareness of external marketplace as it relates to third parties and/or relevant internal capabilities
- Travel to various third party sites and corporate locations when needed
- Suggest and implement internal process improvements to benefit Capital One's supply chain organization
- Although not required, the successful candidate ideally has prior experience in financial services and digital marketing. Direct experience in leading procurement teams, managing operations and projects, contract negotiations, risk activities, compliance, and/or sourcing events is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in Supplier Management, Vendor Management, Risk Management, Process Management, or Project Management
- Master's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or Finance
- 10 years of experience in Relationship Management, Risk Management, Process Management, or Project Management
- 3 years vendor management or strategic agency experience within the digital marketing, marketing tech, targeting data or web analytics industries
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
Back to top