Sr. Manager Software Engineering
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager Software Engineering
We're seeking talented, senior, hands-on, engineering leaders to modernize one of the most critical systems in Capital One's US Card Business. As a Capital One Sr. Software Engineer Manager, you'll be using cutting-edge open source frameworks, all on the cloud. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Node.js, React, Flux, Jest, REST, JSON, HTML / HTML5, CSS / SCSS, Selenium, PhantomJS, NGINX, Express, Chef, Docker, Git / Github. You will be fully utilizing AWS with services such as S3, EC2, Lambda, Route53, CloudFront, API Gateway, and many more.
- Demonstrate both effective people management and disciplined software engineering leadership
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios - Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Automate everything possible with the goal of creating a great developer and increasing speed to market
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Mentor a team and community of engineers
- Contribute code to the development of multi-platform application systems, through local builds and deployments as well as the CI/CD environments and through to production.
- Ensure adherence to Agile team norms and coding standards, software design best practices, architecture strategy and intent.
- Conduct Design and code reviews to ensure code adheres to development standards.
- Coach and mentor developers as needed to build code to adhere to standards.
- Collaborate with other tech teams and product owners for delivering optimal technology solutions which will delight customers.
- Stay up to date on technologies, techniques, and industry trends
- Take ownership of the long-term direction of the application
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of software development experience
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS
- At least 1 year of experience with CI/CD of a customer facing web application
- At least 1 year of experience deploying, monitoring, and maintaining a customer facing web application
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ years software development experience
- 5+ years of experience building software in enterprise/commercial environments, including systems and application design, code development and testing
- 1+ years coding experience in ReactJS
- 3+ years' experience with CI/CD technologies - Jenkins, CircleCI, Docker, etc
- 1+ years' experience with open source and commercial technologies and tools
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top