Sr. Manager, Software Engineering
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Software Engineering
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?"
Do you think about using data to unleash the power of applications? Do you build applications you are proud of and want to tell your friends about? Do you appreciate elegant solutions but also know when to build simple first and iterate? Capital One is seeking a Lead Engineer to build extremely elegant and scalable solutions to deliver a game changing user experiences insights across both internal and external customer touch points.
As a Capital One Team Lead Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: RPA,node.js, Java, Scala, Spark, Akka, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- You've got serious technical street cred and have built out infrastructures in the cloud and have Open Source contributions of which you are proud to share!
- You're Discerning- You understand the importance of selecting the right technology tool for the task
- You are Insatiably Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut
- You are an Automator - You know what continuous integration means, and believe automation is the path to happiness. You know how to script and automate anything and everything, from tests to environment provisioning`
- You are a Problem Solver-You are a natural problem solver with a curiosity about technology. Others describe you as a highly creative and curious technologist, one with excellent research skills
- You're not intimidated by challenges, even thriving in an unstructured environment where you're empowered to make a difference. In that context, you will be expected to research and develop cutting-edge technologies, to accomplish your challenge, should you choose to accept
While a cape is optional, the uniform we're seeking is someone super passionate about their craft, particularly all things data, and hyper-focused on delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule. Is this you? If this is your version of a cape, continue to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 8 years of experience building applications using J2EE
- At least 1 year of experience managing applications on Cloud, using either AWS or Azure
- At least 5 years of experience managing people
- Masters degree
- 10+ years software development experience
- 6+ year's experience in Agile
- Any Experience building Bots using RPA tools like Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, UiPath, etc
- Certified developer: Java, Spring or AWS technologies
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top