Sr. Manager Software Engineer
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager Software Engineer
As a Capital One Sr. Manager Software Engineer, you'll transform our internal identity management solutions. From highly-available RESTful services, to associate-facing HTML, you will bring delight to our users and keep our most sensitive systems secure. You'll leverage a variety of programming languages and you'll create everything in a way that's cloud-friendly and highly resilient. You will lead the technical design and development of applications and integrations, and will have the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role, writing beautiful code, while also providing functional and technical leadership, and mentoring software engineers on complex and high priority technology projects.
- Own the technical design, development, and delivery of multiple applications and integrations.
- Lead and develop complex applications using Java, API, NoSQL, Cloud, DevOps, and CICD.
- Work with technology partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems, and determine priority of needs.
- Ensure adherence to defined development lifecycle, good software design practices, and architecture strategy and intent.
- Collaborate with performing teams to deliver new capabilities and/or remediate issues.
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and monitoring/support.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment.
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other software.
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions.
- Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, and direction for other software engineers.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of software development experience
- At least 3 years of experience in leading full stack teams including front-end engineering technologies
- At least 3 years of experience in developing RESTful APIs and enterprise application on the public cloud
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile methodologies
- Masters Degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years software development experience
- 5+ years experience in Java API development; DevOps; and CI/CD
- 6+ years experience in Agile
- 2+ years experience in Cloud Technologies, CI/CD and deployment automation
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top