Sr. Manager, Software Engineer
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Software Engineer
We are looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate software and data engineers in creating Capital One's next generation of data products and capabilities. Candidates should possess deep knowledge across technologies and have a strong background in software engineering.
- You will manage teams of software and data engineers who will build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery for our Spark and streaming data hub
- You will build data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for our internal business operations, customers and partners
- You will transform complex analytical models in scalable, production-ready solutions
- You will continuously integrate and ship code into our on premise and cloud production environments
- You will develop cloud based applications from the ground up using a modern technology stack
- You will work directly with Product Owners and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment
- Lead and develop sustainable data driven solutions with current new generation data technologies to drive our business and technology strategies
- Design robust systems with an eye on the long-term maintenance and support of the application
- Leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization
- Handle multiple functions and roles for the projects and Agile teams
- Manage and mentor a team of data engineers (both full-time associates and/or third-party resources)
- Providing business, application and technology consulting in feasibility discussions with technology team members and business partners
- Defining, executing and continuously improving our internal software architecture processes
- Being a technology thought leader and strategist
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience.
- At least 6 years experience with building and maintaining Big Data and Fast Data applications using Open source software Spark and Kafka.
- At least 8 years of experience in Python or Java based software application development.
- At least 3 years of people management experience
- At least 3 years of Agile experience.
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS.
- 5+ years' experience with Data Engineering concepts.
- 5+ years of Test Driven Development concepts and supportive tools like Cucumber.
- 5+ years of Object-Oriented and Functional programming concepts using languages like Python and Java.
- 3+ years of experience with developing and deploying applications on Cloud, preferably on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- 3+ years' experience designing, developing, and implementing APIs.
- 1+ year of experience using Configuration management tools like Ansible or Chef.
- 1+ year of experience with Application Container concepts using tools like Docker or Kubernetes.
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top