Sr. Manager, Software Engineer
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Software Engineer
As our customers go about their daily lives, they generate a river of data. It flows 24-hours a day, touches all lines of business and represents a tremendous opportunity for Capital One. By accessing that data, we can develop real-time decisioning systems that provide anyone at Capital One the resources and infrastructure they need to innovate on our data.
Our team is chartered to redefine how everyone at Capital One produces and consumes data. We are using open source and cutting-edge data streaming technologies while building custom experiences that humanize the creation and consumption of data.
We are looking for an experienced people manager with an acute attention to detail, project management skills, a strong ownership mentality, a history of hands-on software development experience, and experience supporting a production system.
While your project and people management skills will be essential, it is also important that you possess knowledge of modern software design and architecture patterns, distributed systems design, CI/CD pipelines, and have some experience using both statically and dynamically typed languages.
If this sounds like the perfect challenge for the next step in your career, please consider joining our team.
- Demonstrate effective people management and disciplined software development leadership
- Partner with business stakeholders to define and prioritize work, determine deliverables, and manage team member workloads
- Lead technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have influence outside your immediate team
- Conduct code reviews and contribute code frequently
- Build reusable solutions that can be shared across teams
- Stay current on technical knowledge and tooling to help the team utilize new technologies
- Recruit top talent and ensure team members are sharpening their skills and growing their careers
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of experience in software development including design and development and testing
- At least 8 years of experience with Java or Python or Groovy or Scala or Go
- At least 3 years of experience with Git version control
- At least 1 year of experience managing a software development team
- Master's degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience with Java 8+ and Spring
- 3+ years of experience with Linux command line or scripting
- 1+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 1+ years of experience with relational database systems (e.g. PostgreSQL,
- MySQL, RDS, Aurora)
- 1+ years of experience with NoSQL systems (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, DynamoDB,
- Cassandra, HBase, Neo4j)
- 1+ years of experience with publish/subscribe or messaging systems (e.g. Kafka,
- Kinesis, SQS, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience working with Docker
- 1+ years of experience with Jenkins
- 1+ years of experience with JIRA
- 1+ years of experience with Agile/Kanban/Scrum methodologies
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top