Sr. Manager, Software Development
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Software Development
Capital One is actively seeking an experienced Sr. Manager of Software Development and Network Automation with expertise working on complex and high priority technology projects. This position will specifically focus on network automation initiatives. The primary responsibility is to lead the technical design and development for network automation through hands-on programming and scripting. Experience should include working in large network environments and supporting a variety of platforms and technologies. Must have a passion for programming the network and developing cohesive and sustainable solutions to support its evolution!
- Lead a team that delivers solutions to enable Capital One's network automation initiatives
- Drive engineering design and buy vs. build decisions
- Develop technology roadmaps and forward-looking strategy based on market trends, emerging players, and corporate strategic objectives.
- Directly manage individual contributors, provide performance feedback and career coaching, participate in talent and succession planning.
- Participate in budget planning sessions.
- Document design decisions and ensure compliance
- You possess strong conceptual thinking and communication skills
- You are a demonstrated leader with team-oriented interpersonal skills and the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including upper management, IT leaders, and technology vendors
- You can digest complex business problems and translate them into technical work
- You possess an engineering mindset and like to dive deep into technology to figure out how things work on a foundational level
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You maintain calmness and clarity of thought under pressure and ability to maintain confidentiality
- You have a deep understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives
- Bachelor's degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of experience managing Software Developers
- At least 5 years of experience leading software development projects
- At least 3 years of experience in scripting and application development
- At least 2 years of experience in Networking
- At least 3 years of experience building and deploying logging/aggregation solutions in AWS and other CSPs
- At least 3 years of experience leading Agile Scrum teams
- At least 3 years of experience in a highly-regulated environment
- Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Cisco Certified Network associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top