Sr Manager, Scrum Master
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr Manager, Scrum Master
In an Agile leadership role, you will play the role of a Release Train Engineer role, a Program Delivery Lead, or master/mentor in the agile Scrum and Kanban delivery space. In this role, you will leverage industry proven frameworks and drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc) focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the organization.
Cross team delivery:
- Mastery of complex facilitation and dependency management techniques (cross team, cross department)
- Drive cross team, ART and departmental impediments, planning, collaboration, and coordination
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc) to identify areas of opportunity
- Work across stakeholders and teams to continuously improve
- Understand domain architecture and upstream/downstream dependencies
- Stay current on domain architecture targets to support the program in risk management
- Provide regular and open communication across the program and stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments
- Help establish governance structure where decision-making is weighted toward empowered teams
- Teach, mentor, and coach teams, Scrum Masters, ARTs and Product on emerging agile, lean, and XP methods
- Acts as a coach to any Agile role or stakeholder
- opportunities and leads in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training and independent study to further develop self and community
- At least 7 years of industry experience in Technology Delivery software or infrastructure
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 Years of Agile experience
- At least 1 year of agile coaching experience
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- Master's Degree
- Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
- Agile or Professional Coaching certification
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certified or other scaled agile frameworks
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top