Sr. Manager, Scrum Manager
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Scrum Manager
Capital One - a top 10 US bank is using technology to bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking - needs scrum masters to help drive its transformation. In this role, you'll use your experience with various flavors of Agile delivery to facilitate solutions in complicated scenarios. You will work side-by-side with product owners and other Agile team members who are identifying ways to improve Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) processes with technology, and drive implementation of industry best practices for SOX.
- Serving as Sr. Manager Scrum Master for two Agile teams, TSG Automation & Operations
- Coaching teams on the basics of Scrum or Kanban (as needed) in simple terms
- Upholding Agile values and principles; facilitating Agile ceremonies (planning, demos)
- Focusing teams to deliver value quickly
- Fostering a motivating culture of openness, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Coordinating across other Agile teams to escalate and/or resolve impediments, dependencies, risks/issues
- Foster a culture of openness, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Leveraging data to measure & monitor progress against commitments (features)
- Escalating and/or resolving impediments, risks, and issues; looking for ways to help the team meet commitments
- Manage small agile team
- Act as an agile coach
- Project Management skills to run large programs in the monitoring technologies
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of Scrum experience
- Agile training or certification
- Master's Degree
- 2+ year of experience in Technology
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top