Sr. Manager, Project Manager
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Project Manager
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
As a Senior Manager Project Manager at Capital One, you will drive strategy and execute on high priority projects for the company. You will work with smart and passionate people to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line. You will take on important and exciting responsibility from day one, working with key stakeholders across the company. You will be challenged to excel and lead alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements.
This role is a Sr. Manager role within the Finance Central Delivery & Integration team. This team is a centralized delivery team leading Finance-wide strategic initiatives, where the work requires cross functional alignment. Experience in Finance, change management, project delivery and governance are a must.
This role in particular will lead projects on behalf of Treasury, Balance Sheet Management, and Risk Analytics organization. Experience with these functions, systems, and processes is a plus.
- Leading moderate to large complex projects and programs by providing strategic direction to projects, peers, and direct reports.
- Designing, developing, and managing project plans in a complex dynamic environment, revising needs to meet changing requirements
- Ensuring projects are being documented appropriately to mitigate risk and to be delivered on time.
- Leveraging problem solving and influencing skills to ensure project plans deliver on intent
- Partnering cross-functionally with project customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Leading a team of project managers Exhibit outstanding influencing skills to effectively drive project / program efforts
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment.
- Display a passion for coaching and developing a team of associates through their leadership style
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 8 Years of Project Management experience
- At least 1 Year of People Management experience
- Masters / MBA degree
- At least 10 years of Project Management experience
- At least 3 years of People Management experience
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top