Sr. Manager, Product Management - Commercial Marketing
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Product Management - Commercial Marketing
Capital One's Sales and Marketing team is defining the roadmap for the Commercial Bank's sales enablement strategy, designing new products and services to enable Commercial's go-to-market strategy through data and technology.
The Senior Manager of Product for the Commercial Bank's Sales Experience team plays a critical role in achieving our goals. This is a highly collaborative role, where the individual will lead a team of product managers and analysts, as well as designers, engineers, data scientists, operations, and sales reps to deliver world-class Sales Enablement capabilities - including Prospecting, Salesforce.com capabilities, Sales Collateral, Pricing, and Banker Reporting.
We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas and fosters collaboration. We're looking for equally passionate, energetic, multi-disciplinary Product Managers. People who are as comfortable with a sharpie as a spreadsheet. People who focus on outcomes, not just output.
As a Digital Product Manager on the Commercial Bank's Sales and Marketing team, you will possess a combination of business, technical and human-centered skills to be utilized in enabling Sales Associates to be more effective in a way that they truly embrace.
What will you do?
- Understand and obsess over the business and sales enablement strategies.
- Work both strategically and tactically to evolve existing sales enablement products and deliver next generation data driven tools embraced by the Relationship Managers.
- Serve as sales experience lead and product SME for Salesforce.com & related applications
- Work in a hands-on, collaborative environment with top designers, engineers, data scientists, and analysts to build breakthrough experiences and products that solve our users' most critical need.
- Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and LEAN rituals which establish rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of roadmaps
- Gather, influence and help prioritize business requirements in collaboration with other agile teams across the Sales and Marketing organization, as well as the Commercial Bank and, by translating sales team needs into intent
- Collaborate with and influence stakeholders across the organization including business leaders, users, and other product teams.
- Serve as the conduit between sales and product/tech on sales enablement technology, helping ensure sales input and feedback meaningfully influence design and development
- End to end product responsibility including; product road mapping, stakeholder management, domain knowledge of sales enablement, user research, lead cross-functional agile development team, create user stories, launch features, iterate and metrics analysis.
- Work with Sales Performance, Operations, and Communications/Learning to steward effective Change Management and Training strategies.
- Coach associates in their Capital One careers and provide actionable feedback
- Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, thought leader, career guide and mentor to teams
- Champion the Capital One culture across our agile teams
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- A bias towards action and a demonstrated record inventing and launching successful products
- Project leadership and management experience in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of the Salesforce.com platform and ecosystem
- Passion for emerging sales enablement technologies and how they are used to empower businesses to grow, market, and sell.
- Grounding in human-centered design with a natural empathy for users
- Ability to systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making
- An elevated level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
- Exceptional communication skills- someone who is an engaging storyteller and is at ease presenting to executives.
- Extensive experience applying analytical rigor to support technology decisions
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Property Management and/or Healthcare industries
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in product management
- At least 3 years of experience with Salesforce.com
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 5+ years of experience in Agile product management
- 5+ years of Treasury Management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top