Sr Manager - Operational Risk Advisor
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr Manager - Operational Risk Advisor
Do you like a fast-paced work environment, engaging as a leader in Capital One's second line of defense for operational risk management? As an Operational Risk Advisor (ORA) in Capital One's Operational Risk Management (ORM) Department you will apply your leadership and analytical skills to help advance Capital One's capabilities to effectively manage operational risk. Working with key division leaders the ORA will provide second line operational risk governance and risk advisory services for our Global Finance division.
ORAs are experienced risk managers that serve as the liaisons between ORM and the entire enterprise. Serving as both an effective challenger and a trusted advisor, ORAs are integrated into multiple dimensions of first line activities and risk-taking. As a Sr. Manager, the role will require excellent communication and interpersonal skills, superb integrative thinking across the facets of operational risk and a desire to help the enterprise properly manage operational risk.
- Provide challenge to the first line of defense's risk-taking and risk assessments
- Consult Global Finance on projects, new initiatives, business objectives, processes, risk events, controls, and/or monitoring
- Evaluate the operational risk profile and risk analysis for the LOB, culminating in quarterly Divisional Operational Risk Reporting
- Working across the multiple dimensions of operational risk programs and understanding how they impact LOBs
- Influencing executives within ORM and Global Finance on key operational risks and actions needed
- As needed, developing ad-hoc analysis, deep dive investigations, control testing, and driving specific risk initiatives
- The ideal candidate will have strong strategic, judgement and integrative thinking skills, deep risk management knowledge, as well as good organizational, communication and influencing skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of Risk Management experience
- At least 2 years of Finance or Accounting experience
- At least 2 years of experience with data analytics tools Excel and Tableau
- Masters Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Accounting, or Economics
- At least 7 years of experience as a Risk Manager or Assurance within the financial services or tech industry
- At least 3 years of experience working in Accounting or Finance
- At least 3 years of experience building new processes or governance
- At least 3 years of experience working with digital initiatives
- At least 5 years of experience with data analytics tools including Excel and Tableau
- Proficiency with structuring MS PowerPoint decks and presentations
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top