Sr. Manager of Product Management
West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager of Product Management
We're the Product Management Team for Capital One's DigiTech organization in Shared Tech. We create powerful tools for Capital One's population of thousands of engineers, and in some cases for the open source community, to help them solve challenging engineering problems. We do it through Human-Centered design, inspiring creativity and innovation that deliver measurable outcomes in developer productivity, eventually leading to higher-quality products, faster for our end-users.
We're looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager that has the chops to understand how important the right tools and experience are in building great software, empathize with developers as their customers, and build a roadmap to solve those needs. You'll span Strategy, Design, Tech, and Marketing to define and deploy developer tools in an Agile environment.
To fit in, you must believe in the power of APIs, be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that improve developers' lives through user-friendly, powerful, and smart digital tools.
As a senior member of the product team, you'll be on point for:
- Leading consumer research and synthesizing it into new product ideas
- Defining, building towards, and launching MVPs that turn into successful products.
- Mentoring and coaching more junior members of the product team.
- Defining and owning the product backlog for the development teams
- Defining product KPIs and success metrics
- Setting a strategy vision for various developer tools and related services to increase usage and deliver business results
- Work on fun products like Chaos Engineering, Secrets Management, Tokenization, etc. Requests to have 'chaos' and 'secrets' in your title will be considered, within reason.
What you'll bring:
- A bias toward action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products to market at rapid speed
- Excellent communication skills to navigate a large organization, tell compelling stories with ease to senior executives, and inspire teams about things that should exist but don't exist yet
- Ability to proactively identify impediments on the critical path and remove them
- A structured problem-solving approach to help a team work through a wide range of issues
- Intellectual curiosity for emerging technologies and engineering challenges
- Ability to prioritize across different types of value dimensions
- Ability to actively seek out multiple opinions, yet make independent decisions and influence positive outcomes
- Ability to keep the crowd warmed up while the team fixes the broken demo
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of product management experience
- At least 2 years of working with an Agile delivery methodology
- 2+ years of experience coding, testing, or devops tooling
- 1+ years of experience managing cross-functional teams
- 1+ years of experience in API management, software development, data technologies or AWS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top