Sr. Manager, Java
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Java
Sr. Manager, Java
We are actively seeking experienced Sr. Manager, Java Engineers with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Successful candidates will have experience performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components.
As a Sr. Manager, Java Engineer, you will own detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technologies such as Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Netflix OSS Ribbon, Eureka, Zuul, Hystrix), Microservice Architectures, AWS, REST, JSON, XML, SQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, and PostgreSQL, to name a few.
- Develop applications using enterprise java technology stack and object oriented methodologies.
- Perform as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components including writing code.
- Collaborating with other tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design
- Documenting design decisions and ensuring adherences
- Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production.
- Conduct design & code reviews
- Work with product owners and design teams to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, and implement technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Leverage engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, CI/CD, and Refactoring techniques
- Partner with technology support teams to help resolve production issues in emergency situation
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends and best practices: experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in community of practice groups, and mentor more junior members of the engineering community
- Encourage inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Lead developers in IT projects
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of Java/J2ee software development experience
- At least 5 years of experience managing large scale software development projects through complete release cycles and working with cross-functional business and technology teams
- At least 2 years of experience in people management
- At least 2 years of Microservices experience
- At least 2 years of experience with Spring Framework
- At least 2 years of experience with API and Rest Web Services
- Masters Degree
- 9+ years Java software development experience
- 6+ years experience in Agile
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top