Sr. Manager, Enterprise Payment Treasury Operations, Richmond, VA
Melville 2 (22068), United States of America, Melville, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Enterprise Payment Treasury Operations, Richmond, VA
Sr. Manager, Commercial Operations
Richmond, VA; Melville, NY
Capital One Commercial Operations is looking for candidates to support Enterprise Payments and Treasury Operations (EPTO). EPTO manages all of the inbound and outbound payments for the corporation, ranging from Wires to ACH to disbursements. EPTO also processes transactions for our clients' treasury products.
Commercial Ops is on an exciting transformational journey, utilizing new technologies and looking at our processes differently, all for taking our clients' experiences to the next level. We must comply with federal, state and local regulations and associates must be able to recognize exposure and minimize risk to the customer and Capital One.
At the Sr. Manager level, you will manage multiple platforms, products, processes or value streams in a dynamic, fast-paced, multi-functional team tasked with delivering an exceptional payments experience for our customers. You will have a team of directs, and possibly skip levels, and you will be expected to bring out the best in each associate, driving team results and individual development. You will partner with and influence other teams up and down the value stream, and continually find ways to improve the platform, product, or process. You will seek root cause understanding of why the platform, product, or process is not working as well as desired, to find new and better ways to deliver value to our customers. You will balance long term vision with short term deliverables, ensuring all necessary stakeholders are aligned to the vision and delivering accordingly. Lastly, you will manage yourself and others through change, while embracing technology and leaning into the future.
If you are someone who thrives in a team environment, embraces technology, welcomes and adapts quickly to change, displays sound judgment in decision making, communicates well, loves to learn new skills and activities, and brings out the best in those around you, then this is the right job for you!
- Provide exceptional team leadership, engaging associates within your team and beyond
- Establish and drive a compelling vision/roadmap for your area, collaborating with all key stakeholders across the value chain
- Establish and communicate clear priorities for your organization, partnering with related leaders to ensure compatibility with broader initiatives and organizational objectives
- Set objectives and key results (OKRs) for your team, driving the organization to deliver upon these OKRs in a sustainable manner
- Distill big picture intent into tactical requirements and implementation plans
- Ensure that process design and execution is being performed to specifications, meeting regulatory and customer requirements
- Lead the value chain through changes impacting your processes, platforms, products, and/or teams
- Maintain the risk profile of team or process, ensuring the control environment is adequate
- Coordinate cross-functionally and work directly with other departments to engage in incident management (24x7) to remediate issues emerging from your process / value stream
- Contribute to outside value chain planning needs; ensure alignment with functional (Legal, Compliance, etc.) stakeholders
- Partner with product, design, ops and delivery teams to identify and resolve ambiguities and negotiate tradeoffs
- Ultimately responsible for timely completion of all deliverables and initiative intent
- Direct root cause analysis to determine platform, product, or process break downs and strengthen operational controls; commission root cause remediation projects where needed
- Continually draw out process improvements from within the team and department, encouraging a "digital first" approach
- May manage one or more vendor relationships or strategic partnerships with other parts of the organization
- Create clear and compelling communications and presentations (PowerPoint, etc.), appropriately tailored for each audience
- May work with defining, prioritizing and grooming agile delivery teams' backlogs
- May use design thinking and lean UX principles
Desired Attributes and Skills:
We seek associates who are:
- Inspiring, engaging, and skilled team leaders
- Passionate about both delivering great Customer Service and complying with rules and regulations
- Keenly aware of risks inherent in money processing operations and obsessive about risk reduction
- Forward leaning into technology, automation, and the emerging payments space
- Fluid in adapting to and embracing change for themselves and with others
- Intellectually curious, inquisitive, and open minded
- Integrated thinkers and creative problem solvers
- Excellent and confident communicators, negotiators, and influencers
- Tenacious in pursuing and achieving their goals and objectives
- Proactive about their own development and learning with an optimistic, growth mindset
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) and/or the Google Suite
- At least three years of financial services or banking experience
- At least six years of production, customer service, business process, or product management experience
- Master's Degree
- At least three years of experience working with payments
- At least five years of financial services or banking experience
- At least five years of production, customer service, business process, or product management experience
- Agile, Lean, or Six Sigma certification
- At least one year of Commercial Banking
- At least one year of Change Management experience
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with business automation solutions
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top