Sr. Manager, Enterprise Arch
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Enterprise Arch
Do you want to be a leader in the transformation to next generation data technology? Are you charged by the thought of spearheading the build-out of a world class enterprise Big Data and Streaming Data architecture? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative working environment? If this excites you, then keep reading.
Capital One – a top 10 US bank that is on a quest to use technology to bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking – is seeking a seasoned leader to direct our team of passionate and innovative Data Architects as they embark on a journey to embrace Big-Data, Streaming Data and Cloud based data technologies across the enterprise. In this role, you’ll use your experience in building and leading high-performing teams to create the strategy, develop the roadmap, design solutions and guide delivery teams to enable our next generation of Enterprise Data capabilities.
Capital One is passionate about data – it drives our everyday lives. Capital One’s Enterprise Data Architecture organization works in tandem with business and technology leaders to set the direction for how we improve reporting, analytics and decision making throughout Capital One. As a Sr. Manager in Enterprise Data Architecture, the ideal candidate will directly impact enterprise-level objectives, priority setting and capability enablement. You will work to determine Capital One’s data architecture strategy, including optimal use of technologies, innovation approaches to solving business needs and responsible management of data integrity and quality. You will communicate with directors and executives, mentor technical staff, build high-performing teams and partner with leading / cutting edge technology vendors to ensure SLA standards are met.
- Build and lead high-performing, agile team focused on Data Architecture
- Drive incremental progress towards the target architecture
- Act as the Product Owner for critical Data Architecture initiatives
- Develop and mentor individuals and teams
- Steer our data integration and processing strategic direction
- Lead in the adoption and migration to new data technologies for unstructured, streaming and high volume data
- Provide senior level technical direction to application development teams working on complex or data intensive projects
- Solve for how we address important organization data management needs
- Provide oversight and manage technology risks and issues
Your experience probably includes a few of these, and you’re ready to continue learning:
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or professional experience in either designing architectures or developing software for enterprise data management
- Experience building, motivating and leading teams to solve problems and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Experience with the various tools & frameworks of the Hadoop ecosystem (MapReduce, YARN, Pig, Hive, Hbase) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J)
- Experience with streaming and event processing technologies (Kafka, Flume, Storm, Spark) that support real-time analytics and actions
- Experience with Cloud based data technologies (AWS RDS, Dynamo, Redshift, S3, EMR, Google BigTable, BigQuery, Dataflow)
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL and relational database systems
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools or underlying algorithms
- You ponder how Pandora comes up with personalized song recommendations or how Facebook figures out people you may know. You love data.
- You get a thrill out of using large data sets, some of them slightly messy, to answer real-world questions
- You yearn to be a part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- You are passionate about finding refined solutions to complex design challenges and helping the entire team meet its commitments
- You love leading teams of highly talented Data technologist, strive to help others build their skills and achieve their career goals
- Humor and fun are a natural part of who you are
- Hadoop ecosystem (MapReduce, YARN, Pig, Hive, Hbase) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J)
- Streaming and event processing technologies (Kafka, Flume, Storm, Spark) that support real-time analytics and actions
- Cloud based data technologies & services offered by AWS and other cloud providers such as Microsoft and Google.
- Software Development – Python, Java, SCALA, Node.JS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or Bachelor’s degree in Management of Information Systems, or military experience
- 5 years of experience in Data Management Practices
- 3 years of experience in Agile Delivery processes
- 5 years of experience people management
- 5 years of experience in Financial Industry
- Master’s degree in mathematics, or Master’s degree in economics, or Master’s degree in engineering, or Master’s degree in computer science
- 1+ year experience with Hadoop ecosystem including HDFS, and MapReduce, and Hive, and PIG
- 1+ year of experience with Stream Processing Frameworks in either Spark, or Storm, or Kafka
- 2 years of software delivery experience in Scaled Agile Framework Environment
- 2 years of software product delivery experience in KANBAN Environment
- 3+ years’ experience Python, or 3 years’ experience in Java, or 3 years’ experience in SCALA, or 3 years’ experience in Node.JS
- 5+ years of Financial Services/Card industry experience
- 5+ years of experience operating in Agile software development
- 10 Years of experience in Data Management Practices
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Digital Product Marketing
Mazen is transforming the financial industry, one groundbreaking product at a time. By applying imaginative marketing techniques, Mazen shines the spotlight on Capital One’s most impactful financial technologies.
Back to top