Sr. Manager, Digital Product Management
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Digital Product Management
The Capital One Digital Messaging team is looking for a Senior Manager, Digital Product Management to lead the development of messaging capabilities that make it easier for customers to accomplish their goals to manage their money. This role will lead an integrated broad team of product, design and tech resources focused on our mission to Change Banking for Good by building technical flows that deliver messages to customers through digital channels, such as email, SMS, and Push Notifications. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude, experience in digital messaging technologies, and product vision to deliver solutions that simplify experiences for internal clients and customers.
- Establish and execute an innovative strategy that provides robust messaging capabilities while enabling simple, flexible integration patterns for developers, product managers, and business leads
- Develop Evangelize product strategy that influences support and adoption across the enterprise
- Build API-based, resilient solutions that streamline the message delivery process
- Inspire, lead and collaborate with a team of engineers and designers to produce and manage innovative messaging products that delight Capital One customers
- Identify and win support for new product opportunities that drive key performance indicators
- Ensure all products are well-managed in compliance with all company and government regulations
This position requires a visionary that can translate business needs into an exceptional customer-focused solution. We are seeking a dedicated, disciplined professional who excels in a team environment. This individual must be able to effectively communicate and influence partners across the company and across multiple levels of the organization. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to lead in a dynamic agile environment are essential to succeeding in this role. This individual must display strong leadership skills and be able to drive and motivate a team in delivering flawlesslyan agile, test-and-learn environment.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 2+ years in messaging product management with record of success moving key business metrics
- Subject matter expertise in digital messaging industry
- 3+ years of experience developing digital products using Agile methodology
- 3+ years of experience developing products with a customer-first, design thinking approach
- expertise with respect to API integration, cloud architecture, and data streaming patterns
- experience directly managing and leading teams of product managers and technical resources
- experience with technologies like cloud security and encryption to support secured messaging capabilities
- an ability to work in fast-paced environment and be resourceful in achieving success in the face of ambiguity while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top