Sr. Manager, Data Engineering
Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Data Engineering
Are you passionate about using data and technology to solve Enterprise-scale problems? Do you enjoy solving complex problems with open source technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery environment? As a Capital One Data Engineering Manager in our Anti-Money Laundering group you'll be at the center of some of our most data-intensive work so if you're interested in big data challenges read on. You'll manage a team utilizing cutting-edge big data solutions and open source frameworks implemented in the cloud. Processing large data volumes is a daily activity in this group and you'll be working with various technologies: Java, NoSQL databases, Spark, relational databases, Hadoop, Machine Learning, API Development and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
The right candidate is someone who is passionate about data-driven technologies but also passionate about leading and mentoring a great group of engineers. We're looking for someone who welcomes challenges and is hyper-focused on delivering exceptional results to internal business customers while creating a rewarding team environment.
On any given day you may:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and have prioritization and trade-off discussions
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Bring a passion to stay on top of new tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of Application Development experience
- At least 3 years of systems and program design experience
- At least 3 years of experience providing technical leadership on software application development and running large-scale applications
- At least 3 years of experience of managing and developing people
- At least 3 years of experience and knowledge in building big data pipelines
- Master's Degree
- 9+ years of professional experience in a technical role
- 6+ years of leadership experience with full life-cycle IT development and platform support
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top