Sr. Manager, Data Engineer
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Data Engineer
Are you passionate about technology and enjoy solving problems at scale? Are you someone who likes to understand the 'why' and enjoys delivering great experiences and tools? We are looking for a passionate technologist who thrives in collaborative environments. You will help develop Capital One's next-generation capabilities thatenableconsumption ofcloud data andprovide seamless access to datasets.The focus of this role is to deliver great products to our business partners in a well-managed way, and to continue your technical growth.
What you'll do
- Developinnersourcedapplicationsthat enable data access and consumption for thousands of analysts, data scientists, and end users
- Deliver stable and well-managedapplications
- Create processes to standardize maintenance, governance, and tool consumption
- Work with analysts and product owners to deliver products in anAgile, DevOps, and collaborative environment
- Provide dependable, customer-oriented support
- Occasional travel expected
Who you are
- Curious. You like to learn new technologies, adapt well to change, and can provide a comprehensive analysis of options.
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible.
- Optimistic. You look for opportunities to improve and don't dwell on the negative.
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences, your peersknowyour priorities and so does your manager.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and you wear failures as a badge of honor.
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you.
- Pride. You take pride in your work and have a high bar. You improve every piece of code you touch.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 3years of experience with Java or Python orshell scripting
- At least 3years of experience developing Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) or Software Development Kits (SDKs)
- At least 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud services
- At least 2 years of experience working with data consumption patterns in SQL or Python
- At least 2 yearsof experience working with Docker or container management solutions
- At least 2 years of experience on Agile and DevOps teams
- At least 2 years of experience with Git version control and JIRA
- Master's Degree
- 2+ years of experience working with AWS platforms, services, and component technologies, including S3, Redshift, and RDS
- 2+ years of experience working with automated build and CI/CD systems, including Jenkins or Chef
- 2+ years of experience with JSON, Parquet, or Avro formats
- 1+ year of experience with serverless computing and on-demand databases, including Amazon Aurora
- AWS certification
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top