Sr. Manager, Cyber Data Governance
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Cyber Data Governance
As the Senior Manager of Cyber Data Governance, you will play a key role in Capital One's data transformation efforts. You will provide advice and guidance to cyber program owners to refine their role as data producers and data consumers, rationalize their datasets and complete migration to target state platforms. You will influence and support organizational change in an open, collaborative environment where new ideas and solutions are both welcomed and rewarded. In this role, you will apply your problem solving, collaboration and communication skills to provide advice to #Cyber teams.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Drive the comprehensive cyber data strategy
- Build a common understanding and adherence to the principles of data quality management including metadata, lineage, and business definitions
- Define and execute processes to monitor data governance policies and procedures to ensure data integrity and privacy, establish consistent data definitions, and monitor overall data quality
- Deliver cyber data transformation
- Meet with senior cyber leaders and subject matter experts to understand current-state infrastructure for each cyber initiative and identify strategic opportunities
- Develop a data transformation roadmap for key cyber initiatives that adheres to enterprise data principles and aligns with target-state ecosystem
- Influence delivery of critical path data transformation roadmap activities, ensuring on-time delivery of overall program
- Develop technical data structure requirements
- Lead a team of associates and/or contractors to register/update metadata in enterprise repository
- Continuously identify and implement process, data and reporting improvements for Cyber
- Lead projects to deliver complex data management solutions; working with internal and external partners
- Support audits and regulatory exams related to data governance
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in risk management or information security assurance
- At least 2 years of quantitative analysis experience
- At least 2 years of qualitative analysis experience
- At least 2 years of project management experience
- At least 2 years of experience managing direct reports
- Master's Degree in a quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, Engineering)
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management or Process Management in the financial services industry
- 8+ years of experience in risk management or information security assurance in the financial services industry
- CISSP or CISA or CISM
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top