Sr. Manager - Consumer Credit Review (CCAR)
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager - Consumer Credit Review (CCAR)
Senior Manager, Credit Review
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, is one of the largest, most analytically sophisticated Financial Services providers in the world. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our share Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
The Credit Review Senior Manager will play an integral role within the Credit Review team, assisting our efforts to build out and implement the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) Credit Review standards, focusing on the Bank's credit risk identification and loss forecasting processes from a third line of defense perspective. The role offers an opportunity for significant professional growth and exposure across the Bank including the Lines of Business and other functions (e.g., Risk and Finance).
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing targeted reviews on the Enterprise Risk Management Framework, including comprehensiveness of the credit risks identified, and assessing applicable risk framework components, such as risk drivers, materiality, and identified controls/mitigants
- Assessing the credit loss forecasting processes (both quantitative and qualitative components) for inclusion of identified credit risks within the larger CCAR framework as part of ongoing monitoring and sample-based testing
- Performing root cause analysis on identified issues
- Assess the Bank's remediation activities for issues identified both by Credit Review and any applicable issues identified by regulators
- Liaise with various functions across the Bank, including the Lines of business to coordinate and track remediation plans to closure
- Attending various governance forums to remain informed of changes as they occur, as well as reporting Credit Review findings in a timely manner
- Providing credible challenge on material risks to the company with respect to their inclusion in the risk inventory and/or the loss forecast for CCAR and DFAST (i.e., oversight and challenge on the calculations and expert judgement used within the stress testing frameworks)
- Coordinating with Internal Audit to present a unified third line of defense across credit risk
- Support larger work efforts on the Credit Review team where stress testing findings may have linkage to existing business lending practices overseen by the Credit Review team
- Identifying emerging credit risk trends and issues
- Staying abreast of applicable regulations and guidance
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to assist developing executive level presentations
- Strong analytical skills and the capability to digest and understand complex concepts and processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A fundamental understanding credit products and credit risks, especially related to card and auto loan exposures
- The desire and ability to learn in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- The ability to build and maintain high trust relationships with senior credit risk management, senior lending associates, and other internal constituents
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in consumer credit risk management, or at least 5 years of experience in a Credit Review assurance role
- Master's degree
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) OR Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
- At least 2 years of experience participating in the CCAR of a large financial institution
- At least 2 years of experience operating in second or third line of defense functions
- At least 2 years of credit loss forecasting and stress testing
- At least 2 years of experience with credit loss modeling
- At least 2 years of experience calculating, reporting or assessing ALLL (Allowance for Loan & Lease Losses)
- Previous support of banking regulatory exam and remediation activities, especially related to the Federal Reserve and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top