Sr. Manager, BI Governance Lead
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, BI Governance Lead
Are you passionate about technology and enjoy solving problems at scale? Are you someone who likes to understand the 'why' and enjoys delivering great experiences and tools? Do you have a service orientation and empathy for the hard work of analysts? We are looking for a passionate technologist with governance experience who thrives in collaborative environments. You will lead a new initiative to mature Capital One's next-generation analytics capabilities, ensure that we are well managed, and comply with internal governance and data retention policies. Our portfolio of analytics & visualization tools is fully cloud-aware and includes both commercial and inner-sourced applications.
What you'll do
- Lead governance of analytics & visualization portfolio for tools that are both commercial and inner-sourced
- Partner with technology teams to deliver stable and well-managed BI tools that enable analytics for thousands of analysts
- Create processes to standardize maintenance, governance, anddataconsumptionacross a portfolio
- Automate report metadata, tool usage, and access & entitlements
- Definegovernance centric Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)for analytics tools, including active users, consumption, etc.
- Implement controls & quarterly audit processes that verify that only allowed data is accessed by analytics tools & that data does not exit analytics environments without proper controls
- Partner with architecture to shift our analytics access paradigm from Active Directory to expanded AWS IAM roles
- Create processes to verify that access aligns with internal policies, ex. entitlements are least privilege
- Work with analysts and product owners to deliver products in an agile, DevOps, and collaborative environment
- The ideal candidate should expect occasional travel
Who you are
- Curious. You like to learn new technologies, adapt well to change, and can provide a comprehensive analysis of options.
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible.
- Optimistic. You look for opportunities to improve and don't dwell on the negative.
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences, your team knows their priorities and so does your manager.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and you wear failures as a badge of honor.
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you.
- Pride. You take pride in your work and have a high bar. You improve everyprocess thatyou touch.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Audit or Compliance or Identity & Access Management
- At least 3 years of experience supporting business intelligence applications and infrastructure, including Tableau
- At least 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 3+ years of experience with server and database management
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS platforms, services, and component technologies, including S3, Redshift, and RDS
- 3+ years of experience working with agile teams
- 1+ year of experience with serverless computing and on-demand databases, including Amazon Aurora
- AWS certification - Associate level +
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top