Sr. Manager, Authentication Product Management
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Authentication Product Management
Capital One's Digital Team is selectively recruiting a Product Manager to own a customer facing authentication product line. You will have the rare opportunity to work at the vanguard of digital consumer experiences for digital commerce and banking. The Product Manager will own the product and be accountable for leading agile development teams and providing product requirements. The Product Manager will be responsible for the design and development of new authentication capabilities and ongoing management and enhancement of existing capabilities..
In this role you will:
Lead a highly dynamic and multi-disciplinary team to develop new authentication products. You will translate business strategies into products that delight our customers and position our company for substantial growth. You are a dynamic product owner who will rally the team and work in a highly collaborative environment.
Collaborate with internal partners. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of Capital One's lines of business.
- Collaborate with external partners. You will also help us nurture relationships with key external stakeholders in the digital ecosystem including academics, entrepreneurs, and leading digital companies. You will be a key team member in structuring business development relationships with external pilot partners.
The successful candidate will be able to understand customer expectations; authentication security industry best practices; current gaps & technical constraints; participate in developing the roadmap; drive requirements and ultimately partner with IT Delivery, Operations, enterprise teams (e.g. Legal, Compliance) and third party vendors to deliver the optimal customer experience.
The ideal candidate has an exemplary track-record of driving multiple strategic digital programs to market, generating buy in from stake holder audiences, and is extremely effective at organizing planning and delivery activities across a complex and fast-paced environment. You can articulate how the activities under your stewardship directly impact the business, and you can ensure that business requirements are translated into digital solutions that get delivered on-time and on-budget.
– Manage operational planning and delivery of key strategic digital experience programs/products across our channels, translating digital strategy through deployment of best-in-class digital client experiences and internal sales & marketing tools.
– Collaborate with marketing, technology, operations, brand, compliance, and business partners to coordinate and allocate resource, activities, and investments to maximize impact and overall return on investment.
– Manage relationships with 3rd party vendors, where required, to deliver necessary pieces of our digital platform(s) with fiscal and time-to-market excellence
– Facilitate and support a governance process that ensures stakeholder visibility,
buy-in, and cross functional participation required to deliver digital programs to target audiences.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
– Experience managing concurrent, complex digital programs through successful delivery
– Experience in integrating content into multiple digital distribution channels
– Strong interest with actionable ideas on how technology and digital media can further an organizations business goals
– Effectively lead or collaborate with cross-functional resources to deliver and market online products and channels.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills; proven track-record of successfully briefing team members at all levels of an organization.
– Advanced understanding of web analytics and metrics
– Demonstrated understanding of Banking markets and services a plus.
– Must have strong managerial skills
– Must have strong basic computer skills, MS Office (including Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint), presentations, spreadsheets
– Must have good recall and be detail-oriented and highly accurate
– Ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment
– Must be able to use sound judgment (problem resolution skills) and have the ability to work independently in the execution of
– Must have strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
– Must be able to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
– Must have excellent verbal communication skills
– Must be able to communicate effectively in writing
– Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment
– Must be able to interact and work with external customers
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 3-5 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 3-5 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top