Sr. Machine Learning Engineer, Tech College
Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Machine Learning Engineer, Tech College
Are you a high performing technologist passionate about cutting edge Machine Learning research or applying the latest advances to production projects? Do you enjoy reading and investigating advancements in applied machine learning architectures and solution white papers? Would you like to participate in the creation of publishable advancements in machine learning or spend time sharing ML best practices with both new and experienced practitioners? Or does the idea of building enterprise-class ML applications that solve real customer problems excite you? As a senior member of Capital One's machine learning community, you'll be part of an elite group setting the pace in machine learning research and applied machine learning.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 4 years of experience working with Machine Learning, or Deep Learning, or Artificial Intelligence
- At least 8 years of experience programming in Python, or Scala, or Java
- At least 4 years of experience designing and building full stack solutions utilizing distributed computing or multi-node database paradigms
- Master's Degree or PhD
- 3+ years of experience with cloud software design using microservices or distributed caching
- 4+ publications on Machine Learning research or Artificial Intelligence research
As a Sr. Machine Learning Engineer in the Machine Learning Discipline of Capital One's Tech College, you'll be part of a team responsible for curating,designing, developing, and delivering highly engaginglearning experiences thatwill fuel our growth as a tech company and help our associates developcutting-edge skills in machine learning and artificial intelligence. We'll also expect you to keep up with the latest and greatest machine learning tools and capabilities so that you can lead Capital One's machine learning community. You will work alongside highly technical peers, with deep domain expertise (from cyber threat prevention to sophisticated NLP) to deliver game changing learning experiences for our associates. You'll also be expected to work with our university partners in getting creative about ML learning. And, Tech College is a great spot from which to learn about Capital One's broader machine learning community so you can spot your next great opportunity, for whenever you're ready to move back into full-time project delivery (or you can stay in Tech College).
Tech College is a bold investment in developing our associates and leaders, recruiting top technical talent, and continuing to differentiate ourselves in the market. Tech College aims to transform our approach to enabling our associates and leaders with the technical skills they need to be successful in current and future roles.
Who you are:
- You have explored the intricacies of a data set to extract insights or have built models that predict or identify patterns used to answer burning business questions
- You have contributed to full stack systems built for speed and distributed computing and feel proud to ship code to delighted end users.
- You love to learn new technologies, keep abreast of the latest technologies within cloud architecture, and drive your organization to adapt to emerging best practices
- You are the go-to person to answer deep technical questions about which ML algorithm may improve results or what visualization is best to explore relationships in the data
- You have a history of publications and conference attendance.
- It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github or open source contributions you are proud to share
On any given day you might be:
- Creating or curating educational content to help your Capital One peers stay on top of the latest data engineering and machine learning tools and techniques
- Teaching classes or holding office hours in support of others' learning
- Writing software to clean and investigate large, messy data sets of numerical and textual data
- Integrating with external data sources and APIs to discover interesting trends
- Building machine learning models from development through testing and validation to empower our associates
- Designing rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to customers or company leaders
- Identifying new technologies and trends that should become part of our curriculum
- Partnering with line-of-business advisors, Tech College leadership, and other stakeholder groups to identify technical and functional needs for designing and delivering cutting-edge Tech College learner experiences
- Partnering with peers within Tech College to develop experiences that deliver maximum learner engagement and educational impact
- Analyzing the data around learning and development and determine trends or additional data sets need and what kind of learning or activities lead to success at Capital One
- Leveraging data to help tell stories and understand what really matters in the learning space
At this time, Capital One will sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top