Sr. Learning Associate Instructional Designer
- Richmond, VA
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Learning Associate Instructional Designer
This role will be responsible for the design and development of a diverse set of learning materials to support our Card line of business. This individual will partner closely with key business partners to translate business intent into engaging learning materials. This individual will analyze learning needs, design and develop blended learning solutions. S/he will work closely to develop videos, storyboard e-Learning courses, structure simulations, create digital games, and much more.
- Establish and maintain relationships with business partners and stakeholders
- Partner with clients and/or internal partner teams/peers to understand business needs and business outcomes
- Conduct needs assessment by reviewing data, performing user research, and identifying how learning fits in the business strategy
- Assess when to gather more data and when to move forward to action (judgement and decision-making)
- Creativity and innovation to experiment with new approaches, processes, and disrupt the status quo
- Communicate and influence stakeholders (e.g., peers, SMEs, business partners) on project design, status, and seeking buy-in
- Demonstrate ownership of design for small to mid-sized projects/courses with minimal direction
- Put the customer first to ensure that the learner is at the center of every design
- Create holistic learning experience recommendation and curricula/design documents
- Develop on-brand learning content using various modalities, authoring tools, and standard templates & best practices to include but not limited to eLearning, instructor led training, performance tools and resources, assessments, simulations, and other.
- Create behaviorally-based assessments and evaluation methods
- Partner with other stakeholders (e.g., peers, developers, multimedia, program managers, facilitators) and instructional designers to ensure a seamless learner experience
- Train up stakeholders (i.e., facilitators, business SMEs) to deliver or curate the learning experience
- Evaluate learning experiences and present recommendations for updates to manager and/or team
- Manage scope, schedule, and resources for project work with minimal direct supervision to successfully meet deadlines
- Experience with project management and managing multiple, simultaneous tasks
- Maintain curation cycles for learning updates and sunsetting content
- Recommend, and document project instructional standards and strategies, learner engagement strategies, and evaluation plan
- Exceptional professional communication and technical writing skills.
- Basic video and audio editing skills are a strong plus.
- Ability to learn and master new software applications quickly and thoroughly
- Knowledge of instructional systems design methodology, rapid design/development methodologies, adult learning theory, research methodology, and assessment tools.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Suite & Google Suite applications (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Publisher, docs, sheets, slides)
- Knowledge of learning development applications i.e. Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, Creative Cloud, etc.
- Ability to break down complex, technical processes into simple, logical steps.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years' experience in instructional design or development
- At least 2 years' experience using Microsoft Office or Google Suite
- At least 2 year experience applying instructional design methodology (i.e. ADDIE/SAM/AGILE)
- At least 2 years' experience in Instructional Design applications: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Articulate 360, Captivate, Snag It
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 years' experience in instructional design or development
- At least 3 years' experience in Adobe Creative Suite applications: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Articulate 360
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top