Sr. Learning Associate
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Learning Associate
This role will be responsible for the design and development of a diverse set of learning materials to support our Card line of business. This individual will partner closely with key business partners to translate business intent into engaging learning materials, with a focus (though not exclusively) on digital-first learning methods. This individual will analyze learning needs, design and develop blended learning solutions, and measure and report out on learning effectiveness. S/he will work closely to develop videos, storyboard e-Learning courses, structure simulations, create digital games, and much more.
- Increase the effectiveness of learning solutions by identifying and recommending format/modalities that create an optimal learning experience
- Design and develop curriculum, programs, learning materials and performance support tools (including self-study, classroom, eLearning, etc.) based on industry design standards for a given modality (includes traditional, web, and mobile design).
- Design content, including (but not limited to) measurable learning objectives, leaders and participant materials and tools, experiential scenarios and simulations, assessment and evaluation questions
- Decrease required development time through proficient use of Articulate Storyline for eLearning development
- Demonstrate an aptitude for, knowledge of, and agility with new learning technologies in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Design training solutions that demonstrate an understanding of adult learning principles and leverage current learning trends, including gamification and rich media (example: video) to enhance the learner experience
- Participate in stakeholder, subject matter expert, and learner interviews that enable identification and curation of relevant content for the end-learner
- Recommend, and document project instructional standards and strategies, learner engagement strategies, and evaluation plan
- Represent Learning in broader project efforts, ensuring an early focus on the implementation needs to ensure effective delivery in 100% alignment with project timeline goals
- Engage with project team members to enable clarity of goal; conduct on-going reviews to ensure outcome is on track to meet client needs
- Participate in Train-the-Trainer activities, when applicable
- Partner with other content developers to support material development needs, as appropriate
- Create behaviorally-based assessments and evaluation methods
- Consult with senior leader on performance improvement and learning strategy
- Assist Learning Manager by identifying issues, diagnosing problems, generating alternative solutions and analyzing opportunities and risks
- Set and achieve challenging individual goals that support department and business goals
- Assume personal responsibility for projects and follow-through to completion with minimal need for direct supervision
- Proficient use of multiple rapid development content tools to create online courseware
- Exceptional professional communication and technical writing skills
- Experience with project management and managing multiple, simultaneous tasks
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in Training Design and Development
- At least 1 year of experience with Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate to create online or eLearning courseware
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Master's Degree in Instructional Design or Instructional Design Technology
- 2 year of Training Design and Development for digital modalities
- 1 year Experience with mobile content creation/curation and delivery
- 1 year Experience with multi-media photo and video editing software (Camtasia and SnagIt)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top