Locations: VA - Richmond, United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr. Lead - Data Architect
Do you have a passion for driving data strategy and architecting solutions that leverage the latest technologies to deliver secure, reliable, resilient and scalable data management platforms? Capital One is seeking an individual contributor Senior Manager level, Data in the Cloud Solutions Architect to transform our data ecosystem.
As a Data Architect for Capital One's People Tech team (HR), you will be responsible for designing and Architecting an integrated and strategic Cloud Solution/ data framework for operational and analytical data needs for HR experiences that align to Enterprise standards. Support the People Tech Management and Product Management in developing a multi-year consolidated HR data strategy and roadmap for new/changed technology solutions, anticipating potential impacts on HR business processes, structures and governance
What we are looking for:
- Background using multiple data storage technologies including relational, document, key/value, graph and object stores
- A deep understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of each storage technologies and ability to select the appropriate tool based on use case requirements
- Hands on experience with AWS Cloud storage technologies including RDS, DynamoDB and S3
- Ability to design and implement high availability, multi-region data replication for mission critical applications
- Experience designing and implementing data management solutions that enable Data Quality, Master and Reference Data Management, and Metadata Management.
- A track record of designing and implementing end-to-end data pipelines supporting both production and analytic use cases
- Experience designing and implementing event based stream processing solutions using technologies such as Kafka, Kinesis, Spark and Flink
- Demonstrated ability to partner with internal product and intent owners to help define requirements and outcomes for data-focused initiatives
- Ability to decompose large problems and execute smaller, manageable bodies of work to demonstrate continuous architecture delivery
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics and trade-offs to business stakeholders
- Define the target state architecture for horizontal data services and platforms
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders, peers in Enterprise Architecture and engineering teams.
- Make and document key architectural decisions for Agile delivery teams
- Review delivery team designs and assess alignment with target architecture and relevant policies
- Own design and data governance decisions in partnership with the Divisional Chief Architect and peer architects.
- Develop standards for publishing, modeling and protecting data
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 8 years of experience in data engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in data architecture
- At least 2 years of experience building applications in AWS
- 2+ years of Financial or Banking experience
- 3+ years of data modeling experience
- 2+ years of experience with ontology standards for defining a domain
- 2+ years of experience using Python, SQL or Scala
- 1+ year of experience deploying machine learning models
- TOGAF or CISSP Certified or any equivalent professional Architect Certification.
- AWS Solution Architect Professional Certification or AWS Big Data Specialty Certified
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website. Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).