Sr. Full Stack Engineer
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Full Stack Engineer
Capital One is now hiring for a Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer for our Payments team in Richmond! We are on a journey to modernize our inbound payments experience (paying off your credit card). We are building the platform from the ground up, cloud native, leveraging microservice architecture. Our platform includes Angular front end, Microservices and APIs written in Java, Mongo and Cassandra data stores, Kafka, and Docker containers on ECS to name a few. Our platform handles critical customer payments each day that requires us to engineer highly resilient and scalable solutions. Come join us on our exciting journey!
As a Sr. Full Stack Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Enhancing your robust portfolio on GitHub and continuing to share Open Source contributions
- Working within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies
- Leading the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bringing a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineeringcommunity
- Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Mentoring a team of engineers on best engineering and delivery practices
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of experience with J2EE and Java
- 4+ years of experience developing RESTFUL APIs
- 3+ years' experience in Build and CI/CD technologies: GitHub, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 3+ years' experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google, OpenStack
- Formal certification in one of the following: Java, Spring, or AWS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top