Sr. Front End Software Engineer
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Front End Software Engineer
Our team is a small, entrepreneurial group focused on leveling the playing field for small businesses. We believe that small businesses should be able to have access to the same resources, financing, and expertise that larger businesses do. We believe that small businesses shouldn't have to choose between slow, cumbersome banks with attractive rates, or modern fast online lending at exorbitant rates.
Do you want to be part of a team launching a better way for small businesses to gain control of their cash flow? Do you want to work in a fast-paced new product development shop? Does the idea of taking a rough MVP and iterating it to product-market fit using customer feedback and your expertise excite you? If so, we want you!
You'll be working on a newly launched customer-facing web application primarily responsible for developing the system's user interface using cutting-edge open source frameworks, highly-available RESTful services, and progressive back-end systems. Although your primarily responsibility will be to develop customer facing user interfaces, you'll get an opportunity to work across the entire stack using emerging and traditional technologies such as: GoLang, node.js, Angular, REST, JSON, XML, HTML5, CSS, relational databases, and AWS to name a few.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices using your mastery of UI domain, software, standards and languages
- Work within and across our Agile team to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3 years of experience with Backbone.js, JQuery, or Node.js
- At least 3 years of experience with RESTful web services
- At least 2 years working with AWS architecture, concepts, and tools
- At least 1 year of experience with git
- At least 1 year of experience with Docker
- At least 1 year in agile development methodology
- 1+ years of experience with Java EE/Spring Framework, or GoLang
- 1+ years experience with large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, design patterns
- 1+ years experience utilizing UNIX or Linux
- 1+ years experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or similar RDBMS
- 1+ years experience building RESTful APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top