Sr Director, Technology Audit
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr Director, Technology Audit
Capital One is different-we may be a top-10 bank by deposits, but we operate with the drive, creativity and innovation of a tech start-up. So if you think different, this may be a position for you.
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization's Audit and Risk Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually , Perform Brilliantly , and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
Capital One is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Audit Director to lead and collaborate on information systems audit efforts in our Corporate Audit Services team, with a focus on reviews of enterprise technology control programs, applications, and core infrastructure, as well as emerging technologies (e.g., cloud, APIs), Digital, and cybersecurity. The candidate will also develop influential relationships with business management in various lines of businesses within Capital One. Each audit assignment enables the candidate to demonstrate business, technical and industry knowledge while assessing business risks, identifying key controls, and performing risk-based testing of application and general computer controls. The candidate will work with the other members of the Audit leadership team to establish team imperatives and actively manage implementation and monitoring efforts to achieve those goals.
For this role, an ideal candidate will have: comprehensive understanding of core technology infrastructure, emerging technology, application and project audits; ability to provide assurance in the grey space where the book hasn't been written; demonstrated success establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with all levels of associates, management, and external parties; leadership experience in driving change in one's own function; and an ability to drive budget and performance improvements.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions and test assumptions.
- You seek to deepen relationships and shared objectives with your business partners to deliver an elevated value proposition and outstanding business results.
- You're a firm believer that data will only make you a better Auditor. This part will require looking at some data, so you'll want to ensure that analytics doesn't scare you off.
- You're a teacher. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the development of your team.
- Lastly, you create energy and an environment that make it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
As one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For," you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in Auditing (internal or external)
- At least 5 years of experience managing audit engagements, at least 5 years of experience in project management, or a combination
- At least 5 years of experience in leadership roles
- Masters Degree in Auditing, Master Degree in Accounting, Masters Degree in Finance, Masters Degree in Economics, Masters Degree in Information Systems or Master of Business Administration
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- 15+ years of experience in internal or external auditing
- 7+ years of experience in Banking or Financial Services.
- 7+ years of experience in leadership roles.
- 1+ years of experience performing data analysis in support of internal auditing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. TBLI
Back to top