Sr Director, Strategic Partnerships (Captives & OEM)
- Plano, TX
Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Sr Director, Strategic Partnerships (Captives & OEM)
At Capital One, we march to a different beat! While we may be a top-10 bank by deposits, we operate and innovate with the vigor of a start-up. With thousands of employees, we never lose anyone in the shuffle, but celebrate individuals with respect and exceptional benefits. And we don't just fill positions, but recruit the best and the brightest people that know how to set industry trends and wow consumers.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
In our transformation to become a leading digital bank, we're excited to be growing and hiring the best talent across the country to build the next generation of products and services. We hope you join our tremendous team that is changing banking for good through digital transformation.
As a Director, Strategic Partnerships within the Capital One Auto Finance business, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will lead a team with world-class professionals to systematically evaluate our markets to identify opportunities with potential partners within the Auto Finance industry that can advance our learning, products and proactively shape future developments to deliver a better customer experience. And you'll do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
As a Director, Strategic Partnerships at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to create and strengthen relationships with industry leading companies in the auto manufacturing space, both in the manufacturing and financial services businesses. You will work with senior leaders to systematically identify and evaluate opportunities with OEMs/Captives to establish and foster relationships that drive adoption of our products, enable participation in OEM/Captive programs, expand our reach and provide opportunities to proactively engage our partners to proactively shape future developments to deliver a better customer experience. And you'll do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-Partnership: Evaluate industry trends, technological shifts and market dynamics to identify and engage the right partners to advance the development of Capital One projects, programs and products that positively impact the customer experience.
- Business Growth: Develop thorough understanding of partner's business dynamics and identify opportunities to strengthen the strategic relationship with Captives and OEMs to mutually grow our respective businesses, deliver improved customer experience, and position Capital One as the partner of choice for future opportunities.
- Collaboration: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to identify opportunities to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability.
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory behavior.
- Business ownership: Have an ownership mindset, and potentially P&L accountability for a business segment. Engage with Senior Leaders to identify potential partnership opportunities that could advance their business goals.
- Influencer: Represent Capital One at industry events, forums and virtual spaces and articulate perspective on direction of the industry and specific opportunities to partner.
- Execution: Coordinate across the line of business to manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the partnership strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently.
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business.
- Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. He/she should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results.
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment.
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
- Risk Steward: Proactively identifying and mitigating potential risks to ensure partners are well-managed and Capital One LOBs are clearly informed of potential risks.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Strong Auto Financial Industry Experience & Relationships with Auto Manufacturers
• At least 5 years working with Senior Executives at OEMs & Captives
• At least 5 years of experience in partner management or corporate development
• At least 1 year of public speaking
• At least 3 years of experience in people management
• Master's Degree
• At least 10 years working with Senior Executives at OEMs & Captives
• At least 10 years of experience in partner management/corporate development
• At least 3 years of public speaking
• At least 5 years of experience in people management
Back to top