Sr Director, Digital Product Management
Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr Director, Digital Product Management
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today through our Digital team, we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches fifty+ millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great consumer experiences.
Capital One Auto Finance is looking for product leaders to build out the next generation of digital experiences and lead the company through the next stage of growth led by technological innovations. You will collaborate with Designers, Developers and others across the business to invent features and experiences that make Capital One even more engaging for both dealers and consumers.
Wielding right and left brains in equal proportion, digital product managers at Capital One Auto Finance are committed to delivering great product experiences for our customers.
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! At Capital One, we're looking for passionate, energetic design thinkers, self-driven technologists to work as Product Managers in our Auto Finance product group. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. You will be able to apply your deep knowledge of consumer and technology trends to shape a vision for products that disrupt the auto finance industry. You'll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded, stuffy bankers. (One day, we'll get them in jeans, too…)
Things that might tip us off you're not the right person for this position:
- You think Square is just a geometric shape
- Raspberry Pi looks misspelled
- You have an aversion to denim
- A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
- Thinking about your money gives you hives
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- You are passionate and curious about the technology-driven world, and empathetic to solving our customer's needs.
- You're going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you must have worked in a product group focusing on web or mobile applications for a few years; in and around cool designers and nerdy engineers – and love it.
- Your prior experience will be important because you will be responsible for your product throughout the full product lifecycle.
- Working with our banking product teams, you'll need to identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs through customer research and interaction data
- You possess the ability to deliver on those insights by driving product vision and strategy to position our digital products alongside our core financial products
- Working with our engineering teams, that vision you clearly articulated will need to turn into simple, intuitive experiences that serve our customer's banking needs
- You have demonstrated record of success inventing and launching successful features
- You are Experienced in Design thinking, driven by customer empathy
As a Senior Director of Product Management, you'll be the General Manager for your product and be accountable for its adoption, performance, and in some cases P&L. This part will require looking at some data, so you'll want to ensure that Excel doesn't scare you off.
If those things up there sound like you, and you can check the box on these things down here, let's talk. Send us your information and let's see what you have.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management
- Master's of Business Administration
- 5 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 5 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top