Sr. Director, Data Analysis
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Director, Data Analysis
Capital One is different – we may be a top-10 bank by deposits, but we operate with the drive, creativity, and innovation of a Tech start-up. Additionally, data has always been the foundation for which the company operates, and the development of innovative data and analytical capabilities, as well as the use of automation and machine learning, is central to our corporate strategy. So if you think different, this may be a position for you.
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization's Audit and Risk Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the Financial Services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard creates a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
As such we are seeking a dynamic, high-performing Senior Director of Data Analytics to lead our dedicated Audit Analytics team and support how CAS leverages the data infrastructure and emerging tools to deliver on our mission. The candidate will also work with fellow members of the Audit leadership group to establish team imperatives and actively manage implementation and monitoring efforts to achieve our goals.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the Audit Analytics team (~20 Data Analysts), which is charged with enabling the data infrastructure, adopting new tools for moving and analyzing this data, and producing and deploying real-time analytical data products.
- Drive data sourcing and tool innovations based on stakeholder needs, including adoption of cloud-based data lakes and machine learning capabilities
- Deliver key leadership communications on data analysis activities
- Passionately deliver and evolve CAS's data imperatives, including being a key influencer internal and external to the department.
- Continue to elevate the data fluency and skill sets of the department through established departmental programs
- Create leading-edge data products that bring new insights to audit planning and delivery
- Partner closely with CAS' Machine Learning Center of Excellence to advance audit capabilities and tool delivery
For this role, an ideal candidate will have: demonstrated success establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with all levels of associates, management, and external parties; leadership experience in driving change in one's own function; a comprehensive understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence (i.e., supervise/unsupervised learning); and an ability to drive budget and performance improvements. Also, the candidate should thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- At least a Bachelor's Degree
- At least 10 years of Professional Data Analysis experience
- At least 6 years of People Management experience
- At least 6 years of Big Data technology experience
- At least 6 years of Data Visualization experience
- Master's Degree
- 10 years of Professional Data Analysis experience in an Audit function
- 5 years of Project Management experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Machine Learning
- At least 2 years of experience in Predictive Analytics
- At least 2 years of experience with Cloud infrastructure
- At least 2 years of experience with data lakes
- At least 3 years of experience with Python or R
- At least 3 years of experience in analytics related programming
- At least 2 years of experience with Visual Analytics
At this time, Capital One will consider sponsorship of a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top