Sr. DevOps Engineer (AWS)
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. DevOps Engineer (AWS)
Capital One is seeking a highly motivated, experienced and dedicated DevOps Engineer who is passionate about automating system administration tasks to support the enterprise Linux, storage, and backup teams and developing solutions to assist with migrating applications to the AWS. The solutions you develop will leverage your years of operational expertise and include COTS software and open source technologies. You will join a group of creative thinkers and builders who blend engineering and design to create next generation solutions for Capital One.
As part of the team, you will play an integral part in advancing Capital One's culture of technical excellence. This role will support end-to-end public Cloud Automation of application delivery, including infrastructure provisioning and integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for coding and includes a broad technical operations background who can lead innovative projects to design, develop, architect, and support solutions in AWS and on-premises.
- Leading and contributing to AWS development, maintenance, and usage of deployment and task automation (OS, database services, virtual networks, or other platform services)
- Enhancing platform services with Jenkins, Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Ansible, and scripting technologies on GIT, Artifactory, and Nexus
- Participating with Architecture, Operations and Engineering teams within Agile processes
- Work as part of a hands on team to produce code, platform tuning, and support of the enterprise Linux, storage, and backup teams at various layers
- Partner with application owners to gather requirements and provide a migration path to AWS
- Define, escalate, and resolve all technical issues in an organized, efficient and professional and expedited fashion
- Utilize configuration management tools and CI/CD pipeline automation
- Bachelors degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in developing in a Cloud environment (AWS, Azure, Google)
- At least 2 years of experience in DevOps
- At least 3 years of experience of server administration (Linux OR Windows)
- At least 3 years of experience in scripting or development languages (Bash, Powershell, Python, Ruby, JSON, Java, AngularJS, Node.JS)
- At least 3 years of experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Or Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems OR Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Military experience
- 5+ years of Cloud experience
- 5+ years of system administration experience
- 2+ years of experience with Agile Methodology
- Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification
- Amazon AWS Certified Developer certification
- Amazon AWS Certified SysOps Administrator certification
- Amazon AWS DevOps certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top