Sr. Data Risk Manager
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Data Risk Manager
As a Senior Risk Manager in Capital One's Card Risk Office you will be responsible for working with business partners to identify, manage, and mitigate risk to Capital One. You will be an influencer that inspires and empowers others through openness and inclusion to broadly think about risk. Sr. Risk Managers at Capital One lead our first line of defense to ensure our Company remains well-managed and profitable.
Sr. Risk Managers at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills. These skills allow the Sr. Risk Manager to gain insights, and act as a change agent to influence their business partners. As Capital One evolves to meet the ever-changing technology landscape, so do our Risk Management practices. A successful Risk Manager operates from a foundation of knowledge about the Line of Business (LOB) with whom they are working, laws / regulations and good Risk Management practices. They are forward thinking, quick to adapt, and technologically adept.
Sr. Risk Managers have a high level of exposure across lines of business while partnering and influencing executives to create and implement innovative solutions to appropriately manage risks within the Card business.
In particular, this role focuses on understanding and identifying data management risk. The Sr. Data Risk Manager will support our business associates aligned to data leadership roles (e.g. Data Producers, Data Consumers, Performing Data Stewards, LOB Managing Data Steward and the LOB Divisional Data Risk Officer). The Sr. Data Risk Manager will work closely with our trusted advisors in the second line of defense (Enterprise Data Management, Legal, Privacy and Compliance) to define data management policies, standards, practices and technology solutions that support the broader Data Community across the organization.
- Consult on Data Risk across the first line of defense business partners providing advice and guidance as needed
- Effectively challenge our first line of defense business partners, 2nd line of defense advisors (Compliance, Legal, Enterprise Data Management and Operational Risk Management) and 3rd line of defense Auditors on data management risk matters
- Analyze data to proactively identify risks and trends
- Stay current on the changing regulatory environment and understand the impacts to your business area
- Drive collaboration between the risk, data management, compliance and other business support functions (e.g., Legal, Privacy)
- Provide oversight and guidance during risk assessments and partner with the business to develop appropriate controls and effectiveness testing
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to business and supporting functions in implementing data and risk management practices
- Participate in risk and data management forums and contribute to continuous improvement of risk and data management practices
- Support, partner and influence internal business clients
- Set direction, manage expectations and lead cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of Financial Services Risk Management experience
- At least 5 years of Business/Data Analysis, Process or Project Management experience
- At least 7 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
- At least 5 years of experience in a data-related role (e.g. database administration, data access, data modeling, data architecture, data stewardship, data strategy, data analysis, etc.)
- At least 7+ years of Financial Services Risk Management experience
- At least 7+ years of Business/Data Analysis, Process or Project Management experience
- At least 7+ years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
- At least 7+ years of experience in a data-related role (e.g. database administration, data access, data modeling, data architecture, data stewardship, data strategy, data analysis, etc.)
- Risk or Data related certifications (e.g. Certified Data Management Professional)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top