Sr. Data Analyst Manager
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Data Analyst Manager
Senior Manager, Data Analytics
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we were a tiny startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and that little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
Twenty-five years after Capital One was started it's still led by its founder. Be ready to join a community of the smartest people you've ever met, who put the customer first, and want to use their data skills to make a difference.
As a Senior Manager within Enterprise Model Risk, Analytics, and Data (EMRAD), you will partner cross-functionally with teams throughout the company to validate business impacting analytical tools. You will enhance your technical and analytical skills, while also working with leaders to influence business strategies. With a network of hundreds of Data Analysts, Quants, and Data Scientists, challenging projects with an eye on the bottom line and a focus on work/life balance, we've created a dynamic environment with plenty of room for you to learn, grow, and realize your full potential.
On a given day you will be:
- Refining a new Enterprise-wide analytical tools validation framework
- Planning and executing validation projects
- Assessing the quality and risk of analytical tool methodologies across Capital One, and the nature of tools usage within those processes
- Validating tools at tool initiation and during the annual inventory update
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting of all EUCs in scope
- Understanding technical issues in analytical tools and assessing tools risks and opportunities
- Independently researching, identifying, and prototyping industry best practices for emerging analytical tools
- Communicating results clearly and concisely both verbally and through written communications via validation reports and presentations
- Leveraging education, colleagues and training opportunities to develop solutions to business problems
- Coaching and mentoring junior staff
An ideal candidate will possess strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities in addition to communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. This position will be in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you will be handling multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of experience with professional data analysis
- At least 2 years of experience with open source data technologies
- Master's Degree or Doctorate in a Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or a related field
- At least 7 years of experience in statistical or econometrics hands-on work
- At least 5 years of experience manipulating and performing analysis with large data sets
- At least 5 years of experience in financial services industry
- At least 5 years of experience in developing statistical or econometric models
- At least 5 years of experience in validating statistical or econometric models
- At least 2 years of experience with data governance
- At least 2 years of experience with predictive analytics
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top