Sr. Data Analyst
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Data Analyst
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. As one of the nation's top 10 banks, we offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Data Analyst at Capital One you will leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems.
On any given day you will be challenged on three types of work – Innovation, Data Management and Business Intelligence:
- Use Open Source/Digital technologies to mine complex, voluminous, and different varieties of data sources and platforms
- Build well-managed data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers
- Demonstrate ability to explore and quickly grasp new technologies to progress varied initiatives
- Partner with the business to provide consultancy and translate the business needs to design and develop tools, techniques, metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization.
- Drive an understanding and adherence to the principles of data quality management including metadata, lineage, and business definitions
- Work collaboratively with appropriate Tech teams to manage security mechanisms and data access governance
- Build and execute tools to monitor and report on data quality
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Degree specialized in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
- Strong desire and experience with data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL, unstructured data environments/PIG,HIVE, Impala)
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in at least one scripting language
- At least 1 year of experience in querying and analyzing and working with data languages and platforms
- Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
- 1+ years' experience working BI reporting tools (i.e. Tableau and Business Objects)
- 1+ years of experience working within process management and improvement methodologies – Lean, Six Sigma, etc.
- 1+ years of experience working with and demonstrating knowledge of data governance, data quality management concepts and data quality tools (i.e. Informatica DQ)
- 1+ years of experience working with Agile development methodologies
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top